Fire Sprinkler Designer
- Job Title
- Fire Sprinkler Designer
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Fire Sprinkler Designer
Brigade Fire Protection is a well-established, local, and family-owned industry leader in the design, fabrication, installation and service of fire suppression systems for nearly every type of commercial and residential buildings. We have been proudly serving the region since 1984 and are widely known for our quality results, high employee retention and robust safety program.
Business is booming and we’re adding an experienced Designer to the team who will focus on designing complex fire suppression systems for clients throughout the area. Brigade Fire Protection’s experienced design staff are uniquely qualified to devise a fire protection plan which satisfies specific requirements of the insurance underwriter while also meeting national and local fire protection standards. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing complex sprinkler systems and an eagerness to work for an organization with extremely high standards who constantly challenges their employees to provide the best possible service to their clients.
Do you enjoy….?
- Collaborating with clients, project managers, estimators, and installation and service teams to design the best possible suppression systems for clients in a variety of industries?
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing critical information from architects, engineers and other contractors to fully understand project scope and how to accomplish complex objectives?
- Making challenging design decisions that balance project goals with company capabilities. Providing consulting and analysis to support sales and estimating efforts?
- Working extensively in HydraCAD to conduct hydraulic calculations and design complex and NFPA-compliant sprinkler systems?
- Preparing professional, accurate and complete submittals for approval by contractors, owners, fire marshals and building commissioners and insurance companies?
- Preparing fabrication drawings, piping and material lists for field crews?
- Visiting project worksites to better understand client needs and issues facing installation and service teams?
- Connecting and collaborating with others to make a difference for our clients?
Do you have…?
- Two or more years of experience designing sprinkler systems?
- HydraCAD experience? (Will train the right candidate if they have extensive AutoCAD experience.) BIM 3D experience is helpful.
- Drive and passion for producing quality results?
- Excellent understanding of NFPA Standards and Building Codes?
- NICET certification?
- A strong attention to detail with excellent organizational abilities? Excitement for working on a wide variety of projects?
- A solid mechanical aptitude and technical skills?
- A basic understanding of fire sprinkler system installation practices?
Does this sound like a great place to work?
- Competitive compensation and benefit package. We are proud to offer a gain-sharing program.
- Ability to learn from and grow alongside an experienced and highly skilled team. Many of our team has been here for over 20 years. Come see why!
- Steady work. No getting laid off and worrying about your paycheck during non-peak times.
- Ability to work on some of the highest visibility and most impactful projects throughout the region. Have pride in knowing your efforts are shaping the West Michigan skyline.
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our growing company. No boring days!
- Close-knit, family-first company with a great culture and people-first focus.
- You’re not just a number here. You’ll interface daily with key decision makers and business owners.
Then what are you waiting for?! Join the Brigade team today!
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to be appreciated for your hard work, skills and dedication and you want to make a real difference in your work, apply online today for immediate consideration.
Visit us at http://brigadefire.com/ to learn more about how we’re creating safe places to work, live and visit in our community.
Equal opportunity employer. Drug free workplace.