Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Job ID
- ARVADA, CO 80003-5459
- Other Location
Since 1975, Community First Foundation has been helping generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change in Jefferson County, the Denver metropolitan area and beyond. We serve as a connector, partner, collaborator and resource to fuel the power of community for the greater good. We are proud to use our energy, leadership and trusted stewardship of financial resources to energize giving across our state, strengthen nonprofits, support donors and find new ways to address community needs. For more information, visit CommunityFirstFoundation.org.
The Community First Foundation Accountant is a member of the finance team and is responsible for proper accounting of assets and transactions, developing accurate and timely financial reports, keeping precise records and helping to ensure the department is successful in supporting Foundation operations. In addition, using the appropriate level of technical skills, the accountant is responsible for recording, processing and reviewing department processes and activities and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain current and accurate internal control documentation.
- Prompt preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- Using dashboard-reporting, work with Foundation budget managers to ensure understanding of performance versus budget.
- Monthly account reconciliations.
- Project management, to include participation in budget development, audits and tax return preparation.
- Process payroll transactions.
- Oversee cash management, which includes monitoring daily cash and investment balances and associated activities.
- Prepare accounts payable checks and grant payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain master vendor list, including vendor on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Maintain accounting records and corporate reporting for CFF Arvada, an affiliate of Community First Foundation that manages the physical building.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance or Business with emphasis in accounting with 2-3 years related external work experience in all phases of accounting operations (nonprofit experience preferred but not required). Degree(s) must be from an accredited college or university. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of PC-based general accounting systems (Blackbaud products a plus).
- Proficient with email and Microsoft Office applications and highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to use personal computers, software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, database management and graphics.
- 10-key calculator by touch.
- Ongoing demonstration of specific competencies/skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Strong accounting skills. Strong understanding of accounting theory. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management and external organizations with a customer service focus.
- Support Community First Foundation’s Vision and Mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all business/work information.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed the reasonable expectations of all constituents and coworkers as defined and communicated by the Foundation.
- Demonstrate the ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Accept responsibility for continuous quality improvement and cost management.
- Remain flexible in all aspects of work-related actions.
- Promote and adhere to all Foundation policies and practices.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Professional office environment.
- Physical demands may involve lifting materials and equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Workload may be stressful due to deadlines and changing priorities.
- Extensive keyboard and computer monitor use.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and pension plan. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the Foundation. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Do not directly contact Community First Foundation.
Community First Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.