Technical Support Representative – Level II
As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 128 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and more than half of all Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers and communities in which we serve.
Our organization is growing rapidly and we have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Support Rep in our Grand Rapids office. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact patient outcomes across the state by enabling Electronic Medical Records to flow quickly and accurately to their destinations by resolving client support request tickets.
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at GLHC:
The Tech Support Rep is responsible for providing technical application support and network integration guidance for deployment for GLHC’s client solutions.Our ideal candidate must be able to
- Provide excellent service. You’ll interact directly with clients, advising them of the impact of decisions related to customer technology and product offerings.
- Use your analytical, investigative, and problem resolution skills to accurately and efficiently diagnose, research, and resolve issues alongside our clients.
- Define system requirements and identify programming and application functional requirements. May assist to develop system specifications and programming guidelines.
- Test and document solutions. Make recommendations for improvement. Escalate issues as needed.
- Provide user training and education.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- A well-qualified candidate will possesses a bachelor’s degree in IT/IS (or equivalent experience), and at least three years of Tier 1 desktop support and basic networking including:
- Proficiency with Windows platforms (servers and workstations) and functions such as: TCP/IP, group policies, print servers, security patching, file sharing, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, etc.
- Experience supporting web applications and web services.
- Proficiency with Linux server platforms.
- Working knowledge of application deployment and workstation imaging.
- Troubleshooting issues with printers and desktop hardware.
- Creating, installing, and troubleshooting VPNs.
- Infrastructure support (hardware and software troubleshooting).
- Knowledge of HL7, integration engines, and healthcare a plus.
And here’s a bit about what we’re offering the right candidate:
- So often in IT you don’t get to interface with the end-user. Not here. You’ll have the opportunity to work not only with internal staff, but our clients as well to get them set up on our systems.
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You’ll have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and impactful industry. You’ll be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by creating technologies that enable more efficient communication across the state.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we’ve built, and who we serve. This expertise and passion shows in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- Opportunities to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to serve those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help to guide our benefit offerings.
- 403(b) with 7% match. Yes, you read that right, SEVEN!
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Initiatives and Incentives
- Rich PTO package
If this exciting role sounds like a perfect one for you, please confidentially apply online today. To learn more about the exciting things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.