Business Intelligence Software Developer
As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 128 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and more than half of all Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers and communities in which we serve. Our organization is growing rapidly and we have excellent opportunities available in our Grand Rapids office. GLHC has an immediate opening in Grand Rapids, MI for a BI Software Developer to join our team to help shape an entire business line.
Here’s what you’d be doing at GLHC:
With a deep understanding of healthcare data and operations, the BI Software Developer will have a unique opportunity to experience and lead the full continuum of business intelligence and software development activities within the GLHC enterprise.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Program & Technical Operations, the position will manage and optimize the state-wide, multi-stakeholder data repository as well as design and develop custom reporting functionalities and related software applications with a core purpose to advance GLHC’s mission of helping to improve the health of Michigan citizens. This position will be the subject matter expert for GLHC’s BI analytics engine platform and work closely with platform vendors, internal team, and external Michigan clients to successfully implement timely and accurate solutions.
Key duties include:
- Designs, develops, delivers, modifies and troubleshoots reporting and software solutions.
- Manages, expands and optimizes the data repository related to reporting standards, data normalization, master person index management, indexing & performance functions, integration of new data, and other related activities.
- Fosters and integrates a Rapid Iteration software development lifecycle into GLHC’s existing project lifecycle processes and methodologies.
- Leads requirement and design definition working directly with clients and/or other GLHC stakeholders.
- Monitors BI platform growth and usage. Works directly with GLHC technical infrastructure team to proactively ensure underlying technical architecture is sufficient to keep the platform operating at optimum efficiency.
- Creatively identifies new opportunities to leverage GLHC’s data asset to assist participants, communities and/or Michigan citizens. Drives creative visualization of data.
Here’s more about who we’re looking for:
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, or the like.
- At least five (5) years of data analytics and report development experience in large healthcare data warehouse environments with complex data models. Demonstrated experience using various visualization tools to bring raw data to life.
- At least five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience designing and developing custom applications using complex SQL/stored procedures and modern programming languages. Experience with Python strongly preferred.
- Other must-haves:
- Overwhelming and driving curiosity and creative passion for getting to the core, right solution.
- Logical thinker with the ability to connect disparate “dots” and conduct deep business systems analysis.
- Independently motivated with ability to prioritize and manage own list of projects and tasks.
- Proactive and professional communication skills for collaborating with our healthcare clients to discover and resolve their data management, reporting and extraction needs.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to see around corners. Our client’s needs aren’t always black and white, so being able to understand and develop customize solutions that address those needs is key. Our organization is growing, as are the solutions we offer to our clients. Being driven, flexible, highly detailed and organized is critical.
- The BI Software Developer must adhere to our core values of putting the mission first, respect, integrity, innovation, excellence and stewardship.
Here’s a bit about what we’re offering the right candidate:
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You’ll have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and high impact industry. You’ll be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by delivering technologies that provide needed clinical information at the point of care and time of service.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team, yet autonomously. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we’ve built, and who we serve. This expertise and passion shows in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- Opportunities to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to serve those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help to guide our benefit offerings.
- 403(b) with 7% match. Yes, you read that right, SEVEN!
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Initiatives and Incentives
- Rich PTO package
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for health care, application development, in depth systems analysis and reporting, this may be the career move you’ve been looking for. We welcome you to confidentially apply online today. To learn more about the exciting things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.