Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Office Administrator
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20005-4728
- Other Location
Chertoff Group (TCG) is a global security advisory firm that provides consulting, business development, and M&A advisory services for clients in the security, defense and government services industries. Founded by former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, the firm assists clients in areas related to counter-terrorism, cyber security, border protection and surveillance, identity management, defense procurement, law enforcement, fraud and supply chain security. The firm is based in Washington, D.C., with offices in Melon Park and New York.
Success is the journey just as much as the destination. We believe that the only way to achieve and share in that success is to work collectively as a team, otherwise there will be no success to share.
For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all and you do it with pride. You thrive under pressure and love a fast-paced environment. Your initiative and organizational skills will keep us running at top performance, while your enthusiasm and ideas will shape the environment in which we all work.
In this dynamic role, you must have entry level administrative experience with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. We will rely on you to be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a dynamic office of diverse people and projects. Additionally, you must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality and be comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels in a fast paced, high pressure environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
Reception and Front Office Management:
- Answer phone calls and route to appropriate person with a professional, polite and respectful demeanor
- Greet guests by name when possible and guide them through the check in process
- Oversee general interns and their daily duties
- Manage mail, FedEx account and parking vouchers according to policy
- Assist with internal meetings setup and clean up to include, ordering and arranging refreshments and conference room AV support
- Maintain front office to ensure it is always neat and tidy
Support the Director of Operations:
- Manage office facilities and supplies to ensure a clean and organized office
- Support planning and logistics for firm-wide meetings and team building activities
- Assist in developing and implementing new operations policies and procedures
- Assist with vendor and equipment management
Clerical & Organizational Support:
- Assist with processing monthly time and expenses for senior staff
- Maintain well-organized hard copy and electronic records and files
- Prepare, or assist with preparation and production of miscellaneous reports, documents and presentations
- Proactively assist the Director of Operations and other personnel with special projects and other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years applicable experience
- Excellent telephonic, verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, team player with a proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize job duties with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated decision-making ability while maintaining confidentiality and exercising sound judgment
- Tech savvy with expert proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to satisfy requirements for facilities clearance
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, based on background and years of experience, an extensive benefits package for full-time employees including paid time off, 401K matching program, medical, dental, vision and educational benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where talented individuals can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.