- Located in the city
- SIZE: Multi-billion, public company with over 8,000 employees
- LONG HISTORY: Over 75 years old, and they have consistently shown positive financial results
- BUSINESS: Financial services firm, serving some of the nation’s most prominent organizations
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- STABLE, SOLID EMPLOYER: Over 75 year history of strong financial results
- MINIMAL TRAVEL: When required, primarily in WI and IL, 15-25%
- REASONABLE WORK HOURS: 36.25 hour work weeks; position judged on productivity rather than hours worked
- ENTREPRENEURIAL CULTURE: Free of excessive bureaucracy and layers of management, key staff members have easy access to top executives for timely decision making feedback.
- Collaborative Environment: Employees ideas are heard and even encouraged in this environment, and they are encouraged to take prudent risks for business success.
- EXPOSURE TO BUSINESS UNITS: Position interfaces directly with C-Level executives at headquarters and business units
- Position reports to Director of Internal Audit and works closely with all members of the senior management team at headquarters and the subsidiaries.
- GREAT MENTOR: Director, is very highly regarded by direct reports as a strong, supportive leader and mentor.
- RESPECTED DEPARTMENT: IA is respected throughout the organization.
- DIVERSE AUDIT EXPERIENCE—Position has broad exposure to many types of audits and business units in addition to SOX and financial auditing
- Excellent benefits package includes insurance, retirement plan and more
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY:
This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit and is one of three positions at the corporate headquarters responsible for internal audit functions for corporate headquarters as well as some of the business divisions.
- Write audit programs as needed
- Provide fresh perspective on existing audit programs
- Perform financial and operational audits in multiple business units
- Assist director with scheduling and planning
- Assist with external audit preparation
- SOX controls and testing
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in Internal or External Audit and/ or public accounting
- Experience with SOX compliance/testing helpful
- CIA or CISA certifications helpful, but not required
- Willingness to travel between 15 and 25%, mostly in IL and surrounding states
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS Degree in Accounting
- 150 hours required to sit for CPA exam helpful
ABOUT DK COLE & THE PROCESS:
DK Cole is a privately owned search and consulting firm, and we have been engaged to conduct this confidential, exclusive search. We are selective about the clients for whom we work, and that means we only conduct searches for quality companies who are solid employers. We do our best to maximize your time and get you reliable information with which to make your career decision. If your resume indicates a possible match with the qualifications, you will receive a phone call, but due to time constraints, we are unable to contact or take phone calls from candidates. If you have questions about the position, we’ll gladly answer them by email or phone call, after we receive your resume. We maintain a high level of ethics in dealing with both clients and candidates, and we maintain a very high level of confidentiality with candidates' information.
Thanks in advance for your interest. Please send your resume in Word and provide a phone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence. Those we believe may be qualified will receive a phone call to discuss the position and the opportunity.