|Job Title||Programmer Analyst, Advanced|
|Description||Duties and Responsibilities: The Georgia Department of Driver Services is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Programmer Analyst, Advanced. Under limited supervision, coordinates and performs highly technical development support to complex IBM mainframe computer systems. Provides superior technical expertise to application development staff in computer languages and development tools. Assist internal and external customers and vendors in resolving difficult technical issues, concerns and problems. Perform work in analyzing, designing, maintaining and coding highly complex programs using the agency standard programming languages. Communicates with other programming staff to coordinate application interfaces.
Job Responsibilities and Performance Standards:
Condition of Employment:
A pre-employment background check is required for the selected candidate.
|Required Skills||• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field AND three years of programming experience
• Certificate or Associate’s degree from an accredited program AND four years of programming experience
• Two year of experience at the Programmer Analyst (Working Level) or position equivalent
|Optional Skills||Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualification above, also possess one or more of the following:
• Three years of experience developing and supporting enterprise level IBM mainframe applications.
• Three years application development experience using COBOL and DB2.
• One year of experience with driver licensing and driver record applications.
|Option 1: Create a New Profile|
Option 2: Login and Apply