|Job Title||Digital Content Specialist (NY/DC)|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Other Location||Washington DC|
Human Rights First is an independent advocacy and action organization that challenges America to live up to its ideals. Over its 35-year history, Human Rights First has earned a reputation for pragmatic, results-oriented advocacy that is politically astute, grounded in facts, and driven by sophisticated legal and policy analysis. Human Rights First is a non-profit, non-partisan organization with a track record of success in delivering change that has made a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
The organization is led by President and CEO Elisa Massimino. A lawyer and activist with more than two decades of experience in the field, Massimino has been recognized as one of the top 20 public advocates in the country. Massimino leads a team of more than 70 talented and committed activists based in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Houston Human Rights First’s Board of Directors is a diverse, highly esteemed, and accomplished group of global human rights champions who are leaders in industry, law, media, the arts, and education.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The main responsibilities of the Digital Content Specialist will be to cultivate and disseminate content through Human Rights First’s website, email communications, social media properties, as well as digital advertising and marketing campaigns. This position will also be responsible for building relationships and communities through social outreach and strategy.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Partner with research and advocacy staff to cultivate and maintain digital content.
· Drive and participate in the development of digital content and outreach projects including email and action campaigns, targeted landing pages, interactive brand storytelling experiences, and multimedia projects.
· Build social communities while maintaining the brand voice, identify opportunities for growth, and assist in the development of acquisition campaigns.
· Draft email and action campaign content, PPC ad copy, and blogs.
· Other duties as assigned
ANNUAL SALARY: Competitive with comprehensive benefits package
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 31, 2014. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Please complete the online application found at our website www.humanrightsfirst.org under ABOUT US / JOB OPPORTUNITIES links.
You will be requested to provide:
· Resume (upload)
· Cover letter (secondary upload*)
· Names and contact details for three (3) references (enter online)
* After completing the initial application and uploading your resume, please select VIEW PROFILE and UPLOAD ATTACHMENT to upload additional documents. You can also log into your profile from the top of the Job Opportunities page. When logged into your profile, you can upload cover letter and any other relevant documents by selecting UPLOAD ATTACHMENT at the top of the page.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email with their username and password once they’ve created a profile. Please keep this information to access your application and make changes at any time.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Human Rights First is a non-profit, nonpartisan international human rights organization based in New York, Washington DC. and Houston. We build respect for human rights and the rule of law to help ensure the dignity to which everyone is entitled and to stem intolerance, tyranny, and violence.
Human Rights First is committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and promoting staff across all programs and departments from a diversity of backgrounds, including members of racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTI people, people with disabilities, people of all socioeconomic backgrounds, people of all nationalities, and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We believe that a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment that welcomes a range of perspectives help make our advocacy work stronger and more effective.
|Required Skills||• Bachelor’s degree and 2 + years in a communications, marketing, digital or research position
• Experience drafting, editing, and posting digital communications copy
• Demonstrated proficiency in social media applications and Google AdWords
• Strong communication skills and ability to build internal and external relationships
• Some project coordination or team administration experience and a history of successfully working on deadline
• Demonstrated writing and editing experience and understanding of best practices in digital content composition
• Desire to work in a collaborative, project-driven team
• Knowledge of human rights issues
Option 1: Login and Apply
|Option 2: Create a New Profile|