|Job Title||Collections Specialist|
BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Collections Specialist to join our team!
This position is responsible for the collection and rebilling of unpaid claims. The Collections Specialist understands the reimbursement process from intake/authorization to complete billing functions for all payment methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Addresses and collects revenue on outstanding claims.
2. Performs rebilling function of insurance payers within the collection process: commercial carriers, managed care, PPO, POS and HMO organizations.
3. Responds to changes in patients insurance (plan changes, ID numbers, etc.), updates electronic records, and informs appropriate reimbursement departments.
4. Reviews all denied claims and communicates with insurance carriers to facilitate collection of unpaid balances.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and handle/finger.
· The employee is frequently required to reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
· The employee must be able to frequently push/pull 15lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 100lbs.
· The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 10lbs frequently and up to 50lbs occasionally.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; Minimum of one year experience of collections experience in infusion services or other healthcare profession; Minimum of one year customer service required; Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required; Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Ability to understand insurance contracts.
· Possess working knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of HCPCS coding.
· Knowledge of electronic billing and requirements for assorted insurance plans.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
· Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all customers and employee levels.
· Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality along with sensitivity to employees and customers needs and data.
· Proficient attention to detail.
· Proficient analytical skills.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.
|Option 1: Create a New Profile|
Option 2: Login and Apply