||BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty and home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a Staffing Coordinator to join our Columbus, OH team.
This position is responsible for coordinating staffing services for patients associated with the National Nursing Program. Coordination of Infusion nursing services will be through Bioscrip branch offices, external Certified Home Health Agencies and Subcontracted agencies with specialized infusion nurses.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Required Education, Experience & Training:
- Coordinates infusion nursing services for a referred patient while securing documentation of the infusion nurses competence within 24 hours of referral receipt in the patients given geographic service area.
- Distributes patient specific nursing competency models to scheduled personnel and or agency and ensures receipt of test with documented passing score of 80% or higher prior to nurse making scheduled visit.
- Uses scheduling system to document all scheduled visits/ confirmation of visit completion and confirmation of required nursing documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate patient demographics including name and number of Pharmacy providing drug and supplies for nursing infusion visit.
- Able to problem solve request for changes with scheduled visits and time of scheduled visit while maintaining compliance with MD visit orders and insurance authorization being in place for rescheduled visit.
- Communicates with National Nursing manager with all questions or problems that occur requiring the oversight of a Registered Nurse. Responsible for finding qualified nurse and getting information to scheduled nurse. Not responsible for any Clinical direction or clinical oversight.
- Confirms daily scheduled number of visits completed/ number of visits scheduled but not completed and visits completed with associated documentation.
- Maintains communication with families, supervisors and field personnel, agencies regarding problems and/ or special needs of both the patient and the field personnel related to scheduled visit.
- Able to navigate computer for scheduling/ confirmation of visit/ documentation of competency and documentation of required clinical notes along with running associated reports.
- Communicates patient and employee information to answering services when necessary.
- Shares after hour on call responsibility for changes in scheduling/communication of schedule changes and securing staff for a new referral received after hours.
- Participates and completes all company mandated safety, legal and ethical compliance in a timely manner.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and with the highest ethical standards.
- Coordinates staffing in a timely manner while also adhering to confidentiality and ethics as discussed in the compliance program 100% of the time.
- Processes all required paperwork according to established procedures.
- Answers telephone calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate degree, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Minimum 1 year experience in providing acute nursing patient care. Experience in staffing and/or scheduling preferred.
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), CPR+ and keyboarding skills required.Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required. Knowledge of accreditation standards, laws and regulations and industry standards of practice. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.