|Job Title||Senior Systems Administrator|
|Description||Career Evolutions is searching for a Senior Systems Administrator for a fast growing consumer marketing services company in Tempe, AZ. Compensation up to $95K, DOE + excellent benefits. Local candidates only please.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a technical infrastructure which supports business objectives, scales with company growth, ensures the security of our systems and data, and are available, reliable, and cost effective. This role has broad responsibility across the entire infrastructure stack and is a leader on the infrastructure team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Plans, designs, implements, and monitors infrastructure technology, including capacity management, patches and updates, and security monitoring / intrusion detection.
• Install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot LAN/WAN environment across multiple locations.
• Design and implement virtualized server environments and storage area networks.
• Manage the systems change process and outage troubleshooting team.
• Identify and assist in implementing strategies to proactively maintain system health and availability throughout the enterprise.
• Implement routine server and communications monitoring plan.
• Ensure the recoverability of all servers, routers, switches and SANs.
• Stay abreast of current trends and movements in technology.
• Develop and test disaster recovery plans.
• Assist in growing the technical and professional expertise of other employees.
Education and Experience:
• BS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent field.
• 4+ years experience as a network engineer.
• Minimum of 8+ years total professional experience.
• 4+ years experience supporting Windows servers (prefer MSCE for Windows).
• 2+ years experience supporting Linux servers.
• Current CCNA certification and 2+ years experience with HP and Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls. DNS and DHCP configuration and management.
• Expert in Window environment management and administration including MS Exchange Server (knowledge of transport rules required), MS Server, MS SQL Server.
• 2+ years experience administering enterprise class SAN (prefer IBM Flex series).
• 2+ years configuring and administering virtual server environments leveraging VMWare.
• Experience configuring, managing, and optimizing backup technologies, specifically Veeam, and disaster recovery plan development and execution.
• Experience with voice over IP (VoIP), Asterisk preferred.
• MCSE Certification preferred.
• Project Management experience dealing with multiple vendors and personnel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Possess excellent project management skills.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Familiar with process oriented IT management systems such as ITIL, MS Operations Framework or ISO 20000.
• Familiar with governance, risk management, and security frameworks such as COBIT. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP certifications preferred.