AUTOMOTIVE - TECHNICAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Our customer is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19% of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. They are the #1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the #2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Our customer is also the world leader in recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, they recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans - enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
The aluminum sheet content in car's Body-In-White (BIW) is growing significantly, and this trend is expected to be sustained as automakers adopt vehicle weight reduction strategies to comply with fuel economy requirements. Our Customer's value stream team is looking for an AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE with extensive industry experience to join a dynamic; growth focused commercial auto team.
The TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE represents Corporate Customer's manufacturing facilities. In their quest of customer satisfaction, they provide comprehensive technical support, enabling our customers to integrate their sheet products into stamping operations. This support includes alloy section process for a specific application, the stamping development process, and continues throughout the life of the part. Specific responsibilities include:
- Become proficient at identifying surface defects in common non-conformances (Class A material)
- Identify the root cause of non-conformances
- Coordinate acceptance of responsibility respect to our obligations to the customer (quality and delivery)
- Initiate and coordinate the containment of non-conforming product at customer sites once the responsibility has been accepted
- Coordinate temporary remedial actions at customer sites related to non-conformances (rework before or after stamping)
- Initiate and implement actions to prevent and correct product quality non-conformances
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing TS-16949 requirements, such as selection of special characteristics and, corrective and preventative actions
- Balance the customer quality and production demands with Corporate manufacturing disciplines to maintain the projected profitability of the program
- Manage customer claims to achieve quick and appropriate resolution
- Organize containment activities at customer controlled and toller facilities
- Organize the collection of material samples and final reporting of results to customer regarding non-conformances
- Maintain key account managers informed regarding alternative materials, suppliers, or any other factor that can alter the basic business assumptions for the application in question
- Report main quality trends due to a specific part, customer facility, etc.
- Develop or review corrective action plans to address customer claims
- Issue quality reports in a consistent and timely manner
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field
- Five to seven-years of previous experience in quality metal related field
- Preferred previous experience in the automotive industry
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to travel 70% within the local and regional area