|Nortech Systems, Inc. is a full-service electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider of wire and cable assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and diagnostic repair and integration services, including higher-level assemblies and box builds for a wide range of industries. The markets we serve include medical, automotive, aerospace, computer peripheral, commercial, telecom, government and consumer. We have a range of specialized, high-tech facilities used for customized design, manufacture, testing and repair of our solutions. We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us as we create unique, effective, efficient and economical solutions for our clients. We value innovative, creative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager for our Bemidji, MN location.Summary
Manages and coordinates all activities and functions as relates to Global Supply Chain Management including, however not limited to, procurement, planning and negotiations for materials, supplies, equipment and services, materials distribution, shipping/receiving, production and resource planning and scheduling, supply contract negotiations, etc.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages contractual relationships with key suppliers and subcontractors, while developing strong relationships with internal leaders to ensure that material requirements, lead time, operational constraints and performance requirements are met.
- Negotiates with suppliers, vendors, carrier services, etc. for goods and services and best possible pricing and service guarantees; assists Global Supply Chain team with their negotiations as needed.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and supplier/vendor agreements for legal correctness, price and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Improves the supplier/vendor base for critical materials and inventory turnover and serviceability.
- Remains current on market trends with competitors and suppliers, and maintain procurement pipelines with alternative vendors to ensure corporate standards are maintained in accordance with required margins, and customer specified suppliers.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops a system to evaluate supplier/vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure adequate quality, price, delivery and service.
- Recommends and enforces Global Supply Chain Policies and ensures compliance.
- Directs and coordinates the planned purchases of designated commodities.
- Responsible for creating, monitoring and distributing Global Supply Chain and Materials report cards, supplier/vendor surveys, supplier/vendor complaints, etc.
- Works to improve supplier/vendor/carrier on time deliveries.
- Responsible for supplier/vendor visits both internally and externally.
- Drives improvements in cost, quality and delivery and will develop new supply sources where suppliers, vendors, etc. are not meeting agreed upon terms.
- Plans, directs, and monitors activities within the materials planning function to ensure attainment of company goals.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow per manufacturing needs.
- Ensures appropriate shipments of national and international orders and of any and all hazardous materials.
- Plans, directs, and monitors activities within the Materials Department to ensure attainment of company goals and customer on-time delivery requirements.
- Works as part of management staff group to perform upper management functions such as strategic planning and budgeting.
- Manages financial consideration for inventory and procurement transactions to meet or exceed goals.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts according to federal and state compliance.
- Supports Nortech Systems Inc. policies and procedures and conducts departmental and Company activities in accordance with these policies.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Benefits: Nortech Systems, Inc. offers its employees:
- 401(k) program with Company match.
- Health, dental and vision insurance is available to all employees working 32 hours per week or more.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays for full-time employees.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- And much more!