is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip
has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Warehouse Technician
to join our team in Eagan, MN
Responsible for performing various warehouse functions including assembling and packaging deliveries, rotation of inventory, and data entry of patient information. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Has solid knowledge of and guarantees compliance with: state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, BioScrip policies and procedures, and standards of performance.
- Assembles and prepares patient deliveries.
- Receives and stocks incoming orders.
- Performs inventory control on products. Rotates stock as necessary. Notifies appropriate personnel of stock shortages in a timely manner.
- Performs the Delivery Reps function including bio-hazard disposal and returned goods as needed.
- Checks for expired/unusable products and disposes of them properly.
- Performs various duties, such as shipping, receiving and general warehouse cleaning.
- Accurately compiles ordered medication, supplies, equipment and associated documentation in preparation for delivery; obtains supervisory cross-check of accuracy of compiled order.
- Attends all internally required in-services annually.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and handle/finger.
- The employee is frequently required to reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
- The employee must be able to frequently push/pull 25 lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to100lbs.
- The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 100lbs frequently and over 100lbs occasionally.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Work is normally performed in a warehouse environment.
- Includes exposure to disease and infections.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
High school diploma or equivalent required. One to two years related work experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREDThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within branch departments.
- Ability to maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy and complete required forms. Ability to respond to questions from referral sources, patients, employees, payors and the general public.BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.