||Duties and Responsibilities: The Georgia Department of Driver Services is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Budget Specialist to serve at the Conyers Headquarters in the above location.
- Develops and analyzes annual budgets for assigned program areas.
- Thoroughly analyzes the agency budget categories and budgetary requests in relation to needs for continuation and improvement of services.
- Makes decisions on budget categories, spending allocations, and time frames which are consistent with the existing directives and intentions of state and federal programs.
- Makes accurate predictions as to the effect of proposed budget levels on the scope of services.
- Prepares budget submissions, budget revisions, and financial status reports according to applicable state and/or federal guidelines.
- Effectively assists in the development of department fiscal policies and procedures consistent with sound financial accounting principles.
- Prepares and submits summary of the budget for management review.
- Composes budget proposals or portions of budget proposals in the accepted format for the reviewing body.
- Provides written explanation of any deviations from the typical presentation format.
- Submits summarized budget documents within established timeframes, allowing sufficient time for supervisory review.
- Ensures completed and reviewed budget is distributed to appropriate parties by the specified deadline.
- Thoroughly analyzes computer generated income and expenditure reports for assigned programs and provides assessment based on budget projections.
- Monitors individual budgets after implementation and identifies significant budget variances; notifies responsible managers and works with them to resolve any significant budgetary variances.
- Monitors the use of allocated resources/funds to assure conformity to the approved budget.
- Promptly notifies supervisor of significant budget variances according to established guidelines.
- Recommends realistic and effective solutions to budget variances according to established guidelines.
- Maintains contact with agency managers, as well as state and federal budgetary liaison, to facilitate understanding of recommended solutions to budget inconsistencies.
- Shifts funds and prepares budget revisions in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Works cooperatively with other units to approve expenditures. Thoroughly reviews financial requests to determine availability of funds.
- Documents use of funds, adherence to budget allocations and budget revisions following budget implementation.
- Composes thorough and accurate budget implementation reports, documenting usage of funds and conformity to projected budget.
- Submits summarized budget documents and revisions within established timeframes, allowing sufficient time for supervisor review.
- Develops organization, project, fund source, Chart of Accounts structure to track expenses by fund.
- Participates in special projects and development of analyses as directed by the supervisor. Participation typically involves projections, statistical analyses, and compilation of data.
- Produces accurate work, consistent with prescribed format in a timely manner.
- Considers appropriate information and potentially intervening variables in performing analyses before presenting final results.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the agency’s programs and spending patterns and priorities.
|Condition of Employment: A valid Georgia driver’s license is required and must be maintained while employed in this position. |
|A pre-employment background check is required for the selected candidate. |
|Demonstrated competencies needed to successfully perform this job include: |
- Knowledge of state budget cycles.
- Ability to identify errors within the financial system & recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to review program budgets & expenditures to develop & interpret financial activity patterns & trends.
- Knowledge of State of Georgia chartfield values & accounting code tables.
|DDS employees, in the event of an identified emergency, may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the Department. In addition, in an emergency situation, they may be required to perform responsibilities that are not regularly assigned to them in order to continue the operations of the agency. |
Use the following link to apply for this position: http://www.dds.ga.gov/DDS/EmploymentOpp.aspx
Click the link that reads “Learn more about available positions with DDS”. Applicant should then create a profile and then click on the position of interest and submit their resume. Then the Applicant will need to complete the Exam that is required to apply for this position, which is found under your profile under the green exam button. Resumes submitted online to The Georgia Department of Driver Service need to have all fields/areas of the on-line resume completed. In addition to the required fields, applicants must also complete any Basic Qualification fields for each job.
Application materials should be filled out carefully and completely. An incomplete application/on-line resume or the required exam with insufficient information may result in an applicant not being considered for a vacancy. Describe your employment background in full.
Resumes will be screened for the training, experience, and/or competencies listed as the Minimum Qualifications for the job. Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the Preferred Qualifications.
All resumes will be reviewed and considered, however, all applicants may not be interviewed. No notification will be sent to applicants who are not selected for interviews.
Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status over the telephone.
DDS employees, in the event of an identified emergency, may be required as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the Department. In addition, in an emergency situation, they may be required to perform responsibilities that are not regularly assigned to them in order to continue the operations of the agency.
NOTE: Information in this announcement is subject to change.
Submit Application Materials to: APPLY ONLINE AT