Jr Technical Recruiter
Talentlab is a boutique staffing and talent acquisition agency. Founded in 1998, and based in Ottawa, we are focused on providing recruitment services for the high-tech industry. As a Jr Technical Recruiter you will develop, drive and execute on the staffing strategies that support several key technical streams. The ideal candidate for this role will have various sales experiences; an interest in building a professional career in HR; and is fearlessly determined to succeed.
What we will offer you:
- A chance to develop a career in HR with coaching and training provided
- Freedom and flexibility to get the job done - this isn’t a call centre!
- Flexible working hours and 4 weeks of vacation
- Technology and tools provided (laptop, cell phone, LinkedIn account)
- Great compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary with a lucrative commission upside!
- The opportunity to recruit for some of North America’s top technology companies
- Customized career development plans
The role and responsibilities:
- Sourcing qualified active and passive candidates on behalf of our clients
- Conduct pre-screen and reference checks on employment candidates
- Building pipelines of qualified passive candidates in advance of client needs
- Coaching candidates on best interview practices, and negotiating employment contracts
- Proactively keeping updates on the newest tech employment trends
- Representing the company at recruiting and networking events in key markets
- Attracting talent for the Talentlab team through various channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Monster)
- Help to establish long lasting partnerships with both candidates and clients
What is needed to succeed?
- 1 year + experience in retail sales, customer service, telemarketing, business development (outside or inside sales), recruitment, or other relevant sales experience
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Strong command of the English language, written & oral.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and internally motivated.
- University degree or college diploma
How do you apply?
Interested applicants should send their resumes to our Lead Recruiter Sarah Doughty at sarah.doughty@Talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.