Seeking a strong .NET developer with solid database experience and superior communication skills. As a member of a team dedicated to one of the top 3 largest banks in the US, this Applications Developer will design and implement solutions customized to meeting the client’s business needs. Typical implementations will include both batch file and real-time integration along with automation of manual processes. The candidate should be a motivated, self-starter willing to analyze, design and implement software solutions within a mission critical, robust enterprise of systems. The candidate should have a proven track record for successful SDLC experience and willingness to take ownership and support of legacy code as well as a strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- Develop back-end (non-UI) applications as well as work on web application. The development focus is on Object Oriented programming utilizing .NET Framework.
- Work with project managers, business analysts, other development groups, DBA’s and team members to understand business requirements. The solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and responsible for coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software.
- Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- There will be rotating evening and weekend on-call support during deployment heavy weeks.
- VB.NET 4.0 or C#.NET 4.0
- Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0
- ASP.NET 4.0
- 5 years of hands on development experience using the .NET framework, possibly including ASP.NET/MVC, C#/VB.NET, ADO.NET and WCF/Web Services
- 5 years of SQL/Database experience, preferably with SQL Server -Demonstrated understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and practical experience implementing SOA in .NET
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline, or equivalent experience in software design and development is acceptable
- Ability to adapt to multiple dynamic priorities and business requirements
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to dig in and learn complex software systems
- Advocate of continued self-learning
- Working knowledge of design patterns, QA, Web Services, WPF, ASP.NET 3.5 or greater, TFS, MS Build/Cruise Control, WCF and Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0 experience is a plus