- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Ashland, VA
- Other Location
BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Administrative Assistant to join our team in Ashland, VA!
To provide administrative support by maintaining a close and highly responsive relationship to the daily and ongoing needs to the office staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Answer telephone courteously, direct all calls appropriately and take accurate messages.
- Update and distribute extension and department lists as needed.
- Receive company guests, ascertain needs and direct as appropriate.
- Photocopy, fax, route or email information as needed and requested.
- Type and process memos/letters as requested.
- Sort, distribute, and process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Maintain accurate and current records and organize filing/archive system to facilitate the expeditious retrieval of information.
- Assemble/maintain blank new patient packs.
- Assure that patient satisfaction surveys are distributed.
- Support activities of operations management.
- Other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
- The employee is frequently required to reach above shoulder, climb, squat, kneel and bend and occasionally required to climb.
- The employee must be able to occasionally push/pull 25lbs or less.
- The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 15lbs occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required. One to two years related experience required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform various administrative duties.
- Knowledge of office routines.
- Understanding of the organizations, programs and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and department team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Plans and organizes work effectively.
- Prioritizes responsibilities and workloads.
- Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy and complete required forms. Ability to respond to questions from referral sources, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.