Provide overall leadership for on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foreman, subcontractors, and other construction related personnel. Directing them in planning, coordination and execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals, maintaining a safe work place, promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image.
A Senior Superintendent is capable of delivering complex projects generally over $40 million in size with multiple reporting Superintendents.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Assist Preconstruction and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Processes, local, state, and federal laws to include all subcontractors.
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling, and post-mortem meetings.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Management of an OSHA site visits.
- Participate with the Project Manager in issuance of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial cost reports.
- In coordination with the Project Manager develop general conditions budget, and through labor cost reporting manage and control the budget.
- Perform and monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, petty cash report, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, and timesheets.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Responsible for layout and field engineering in accordance with all project requirements.
- Ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
- Understand all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with project contract documents.
- Coordinate daily construction activities within existing operating facilities.
- Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk.
- Review, approve, and code subcontractor and vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
- Develop and execute a plan for monitoring the completion of punch list items and coordinate all required field inspections.
- Understand local labor requirements, availability and capability for self perform work.
- Provide technical assistance to all members of project team.
- In the absence of other Superintendents being assigned to the project, the Sr. Superintendent assumes all duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent I and II.
- Support and implement the company’s Project Success Planning processes.
- Must be familiar with all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position.
- Actively leads internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
- Develop and mentor subordinates towards a successful career with the company.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Identify new work opportunities and inform Sales and Marketing of potential projects with current clients.
*** Lend Lease is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability..
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
||1. Four year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum, (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a four year degree.
2. Five to eight years of experience as a Superintendent II, or ten to fifteen years construction related experience.
3. Mastery of the skills of Field Management.
4. Current OSHA 10-hour certification.
5. Knowledge of applicable OSHA requirements
6. Maintain current certifications for First Aid and CPR.
7. Proficient with personal computer based scheduling software, and specifically spreadsheet applications, proficiency in current corporate software packages.
8. Familiar with reports generated from Timberline estimating program and J.D. Edwards cost system.
9. Demonstrated mastery of skills in these areas: managing site activity, labor relations and union agreements, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership
10. Demonstrated success in managing or potential to manage large, single construction projects/phases and multiple Superintendents.
11. Proven staff training abilities on technical issues as well as company policies, processes and quality.