||User Experience Designer (Contract)
Duration: 6 month Contract (Full-time/on-site) with potential to extend
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
Hourly rate: determined based on experience
You will join a dynamic, talented and collaborative team, working closely to create a stand out health solutions product that will make a positive effect in the lives of Canadians. Your focus will be to understand the challenges faced by health care professionals, and iteratively design UX solutions to create highly usable applications. This role will allow you to create solutions for a variety of platforms, from desktops to tablets, and various smart phones.
Your role will be:
- Understand and clearly articulate business and customer needs, mental models and work paradigms in the healthcare domain
- Define overall GUI navigation and task flows to support user information needs and goals
- Work with product management and more senior UX architects to iteratively create highly usable and aesthetically pleasing GUI designs
- Articulate the designs via story boards or rapid prototypes
- Refining designs with software developers to ensure cost effective design solutions
- Assisting with concept reviews with customers in focus group sessions
- Iterating the concepts based on customer feedback; formal usability testing of features
- Developing GUI design specifications for the software development team.
- Supporting software developers in making good UI detailed design decisions and tradeoffs.
Requirements for success:
- University degree in computer science, or relevant discipline; a specialization in HCI or human factors is considered an asset
- Minimum 2+ years of direct professional experience with user centered design for software systems including working through the details of a design for complex systems
- Strong design portfolio (mobile, app and touchscreen experience is also an asset)
- Strong user interface analysis; UX competency; interaction and visual design skills a must
- Ability to transform user needs and task flows into intuitive GUI product designs which optimize human performance.
- Experience with designing for mobile devices and tablets with a strong design portfolio to show examples of past work
- Bilingualism is an asset, but strong communication in either official language in acceptable
How to apply:
Please send your resumes directly to our lead Recruiter, Sarah Doughty @ email@example.com, or apply on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.