Business Intelligence Developer will analyze enterprise data, assess customer needs, and present answers through a variety of delivery methods.
- Design and develop information solutions for the enterprise using Microsoft’s Business Intelligence tools.
- Determine and design the best way to present information to end users.
- Work with the Technical Architect, Data Architect, ETL Developers and Business/System Analysts to understand information requirements, create flexible and holistic designs, and develop/implement solutions.
- Provide support to business teams, technical teams, and leadership by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most effective approach.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for defects.
- Participate in database and architectural design to support reporting needs.
- Produce technical documentation about the developed processes.
- Perform effective Quality Assurance.
- Develop and participate in the System Development Life Cycle.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of business intelligence experience.
- 3-5 years of hands on development experience using Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent (Oracle, UDB, Teradata, etc.)
- Excellent skills in SSRS report development or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Experience in OLAP development (Microsoft Analysis Services or equivalent).
- Deep experience in dimensional data warehouse development.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint as it relates to business intelligence.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts such as dimensional modeling, star and snowflake schemas, Data mart and Fact, Dimension tables.
- Strong knowledge of .NET or other languages as related to data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn complex technologies.
- BA/BS, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative and work with little supervision.