BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Staffing Coordinator to join our team in Lake Success, NY!
This position coordinates and provides all aspects of staffing services to the patient with the assistance of the company managers, nursing coordinator, Administrative Director of Nursing and the Director of Nursing. The coordinator communicates with patients to determine problems and solutions appropriate to same. They also communicate with all field personnel regarding scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Coordinates patient care by phone using the information provided from the initial nurse and pharmacy assessments to arrange for staffing, based on deliveries and the start of care.
- Performs all staffing: placement and communication for maximum continuity of patient care.
- Assists clinical directors by meeting with professional personnel seeking employment.
- Participates in Staffing Coordinator on-call schedule as needed including covering holidays weekdays and weekend days when necessary.
- Checks on promptness of scheduled clinical field personnel.
- Maintains continual communication with families, supervisors and field personnel, agencies regarding problems and/ or special needs of both the patient and the field personnel.
- Communicates all problems and reportable situations to the appropriate administrator.
- Reviews time slips and answers payroll questions.
- Performs computer functions including but not limited to input, reports, searches, schedules.
- Communicates patient and employee information to answering services when necessary.
- Uses creativity in performing staffing (i.e. putting new field employees to work quickly and using fill-ins or agency when needed).
- Correctly documents Intake of new patients.
- Participates and completes all company mandated safety, legal and ethical compliance requirements in a timely manner.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and with the highest ethical standards.
- Coordinate staffing in a timely manner while also adhering to confidentiality and ethics as discussed in the compliance program 100% of the time. Process all required paperwork according to established procedures.
- Answers telephone calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, and crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
- The employee must be able to frequently push/pull 15lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 100lbs.
- The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 15lbs frequently and up to 100lbs occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate’s degree preferred. Minimum 1 year experience in staffing and/or nursing background. Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards, laws and regulations and industry standards of practice.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all employee levels
- Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality is required along with sensitivity to employee’s needs and data.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Follows the company human resource policies, Code of Conduct and all department policies and procedures including protecting confidential company; employee and customer information attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Consistently behaves in compliance with the company’s legal and ethical policies and procedures.
- Plans and organizes work effectively.
- Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V