||Career Evolutions is looking for a Jr. Industrial Designer for a fast-growing global CPG company headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ. Full-time position with compensation up to $45,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits.
If you’re a creative out-of-the-box thinker, like challenges, and are looking to join a fun, fast-growing entrepreneurial organization this is then the perfect opportunity for you!
Job Title: Jr. Industrial Designer
Job Description: You will work closely with the Sr. Industrial Designer and be responsible for visualization of prototypes to be manufactured in Asia through OEM partner. You will coordinate with the R&D team to assist in the ideation and generation of product concepts, and then on to engineering, manufacturing, and distribution phases. Using your creative and aesthetic abilities, you will primarily participate in the product design, product packaging, and trade/merchandising (point-of-sale/purchase) designs. You will calculate dimensions of new products or product enhancements and work with estimates material needed. You are familiar with a variety of design concepts, practices, and procedures, and you will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Design, CAD Design
- 1-3 years of experience working in the consumer products (CPG) industry including all production considerations: user experience (form/function), engineering, manufacturability, distribution, packaging, branding & marketing, costing, etc.
- Previous experience with CAD and Auto CAD programs is required, and with Rhinoceros 3D a plus
- Excellent 3D CAD modeling, rendering, lighting, environment, and visualization skills
- Ability to put together elegant, clear, and concise presentations of conceptual work
- Ability to conveying ideas in a fashion that will assist the engineering process in the physical creation of the product
- Excellent understating of materials, manufacturing processes, structures, finishes; and how those elements factor into lean, budget-conscious medium- to large-volume production scenarios
- Experience with POS/POP design highly desirable
- Keyframe animation skills a plus
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and able to work independently with a creative mindset and with results-focus in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills