- Job Title
- Warehouse/Delivery Clerk
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Auburn Hills, MI
- Other Location
BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Warehouse/Delivery Clerk to join our team in Detroit, MI!
Compiles ordered pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment and ships/delivers ordered products to patients' homes in an accurate, courteous and timely manner. Familiarizes self with patients, medications, supplies, equipment and techniques to avoid spread of infection. Assists in product ordering, receiving, stocking, shipping and equipment maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains delivery vehicles in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Informs supervisor of any vehicle performance or safety problems.
- Operates the vehicle in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures completion of scheduled or necessary maintenance of the delivery vehicle.
- Ensures full adherence to policies and procedures, including maintenance of accurate and complete records in compliance with federal and state regulations (e.g. FDA, DOT, OSHA) regarding the transport and handling of hazardous and biohazardous materials.
- Participates in performance improvement, safety and other committee and individual activities as requested.
- Accepts periodic on-call assignments.
- Observes all company safety rules and regulations.
- Accurately compiles ordered medication, supplies, equipment and associated documentation in preparation for delivery; obtains supervisory cross-check of accuracy of compiled order.
- Delivers and/or picks up medications, supplies and equipment to/from patients' homes and other locations as needed. Delivers controlled substances in a safe and accountable manner.
- Stores/packages medications, supplies and equipment appropriately to preserve product integrity and driver safety during transport. Stores medications appropriately in the home and removes outdated items.
- Organizes delivery routing to meet therapy and patient schedules while maximizing cost-efficiency.
- Attends all internally required in-services annually.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
- The employee is frequently required to reach above shoulder, climb, squat, kneel and bend and occasionally required to climb.
- The employee must be able to frequently push/pull up to 25lbs and occasionally up to 50lbs.
- The employee must be able to frequently lift/carry up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Includes exposure to disease and infections.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone or otherwise).
- Requires repetitive motion.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTSHigh school diploma or equivalent required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule; Valid driver license with an excellent driving record, free of disciplinary restrictions as well as proof of current auto liability insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work flexible hours Monday through Friday
- Knowledge of delivery and service areas, inventory monitoring and/or warehouse skills desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to communicate effectively with patients and understand their requests/needs.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and follow-through on all assigned tasks.
- Detail oriented and able to provide accurate work
- Ability to handle multiple problems appropriately.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Displays good organizational skills. Plans and organizes work effectively.
- Understanding of the organization’s programs and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and outside customers.
- Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Prioritizes responsibilities and workloads.
- Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in basics of MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy and complete required forms. Ability to respond to questions from referral sources, patients, employees, payors and the general public.