||Essential Job Functions
- Interact with all levels of users including executive management, portfolio managers, traders, portfolio compliance, analyst, performance and operations team members, in understanding business strategy/goals for new initiatives/request
- Work directly with end users, business analysts, and other in IT to understand the detailed requirements of specific business strategy/goals and provide effective, strategic solutions
- Effectively manage a staff of application developers (10+). This includes building strong teams by recruiting, coaching, providing regular feedback and overall development of the staff.
- Design and guide implementation of strategic, efficient, maintainable investment management business solutions.
- Oversee the development and support of such internal application systems.
- As “HANDS ON” manager, contribute to the development, testing and implementation of these strategic business solutions.
- Research and recommend “Buy vs Build” technology solutions (internal development versus vendor solutions and services) including cost and feature analysis.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance on matters of software development and support.
- Contribute substantially to Enterprise Architecture (including Data, Solutions, Technical architectures) build out efforts.
- Manage projects and/or resources as required by industry and changing business priorities
- Work independently as well as thrive in a team oriented environment
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members and just as importantly end-users
- Stay informed and abreast of new developments within the industry and implement solutions to achieve industry standards.
- Be a strong enforcer of compliance with firm policies: Managing IT Risks by implementing robust support and change management processes.
- Expert level proficiency with relational database design and SQL programming in Oracle, SQL Server or other relational database.
- In-depth understanding of investment management industry and the effective use of technology to support Portfolio Managers, Traders, Operations, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of fixed income instruments including securitized, derivatives, and interest rate products and related analytics. In-depth knowledge of Equity instruments accordingly.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, WCF, etc
- Proficient with VB.Net, C#, C++, Java or other object oriented programming language.
- Excellent understanding of methodologies such as OO design, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc
- Proficient in Messaging Potocols (SOAP, MQ Series, FIX, etc); Operating Systems & other (Windows, LINUX, UNIX, Sharepoint, AgilePoint, etc.)
- Technical expertise with scheduling software such as Autosys
- In-depth knowledge of order management life cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of key buy-side investment management process such as portfolio management, trading, portfolio compliance, pricing, analytics, client service, and operations/STP.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage user expectations and complete work requests within the stated or expected deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Charles River OMS, Bloomberg AIM, Eagle Star/Pace, Bloomberg Data License, IDC, BarCap Point and/or other investment management systems and data providers.
- Experience with scripting or shell language such as Perl, korn-shell, etc