|Job Title||Pharmacy Technician II - San Diego|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
Pharmacy Technician II – Sterile Compounding
BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Pharmacy Technician to join our team in San Diego, CA!
Responsible for sterile compounding under the supervision of a pharmacist, to include cleanroom maintenance, completing documentation, and drug compounding.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function
satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Understands USP Chapter 797, ASHP guidelines for cytotoxic drug compounding and company policies concerning sterile compounding.
2. Enforces company policy on cleanroom protocol, testing, documentation, and remedial action.
3. Checks labels, compounding documents, and prescription for content.
4. Gathers and pre-checks compounding material prior to its entry into the cleanroom.
5. Compounds sterile products.
6. Checks final product for particulate matter and container integrity.
7. Labels compounded products when state regulations permit.
8. Checks ancillary supplies.
9. Pick/packs supplies.
10. Monitors cleaning and quality control logs for completeness.
11. Assist in prioritization of the daily pharmacy compounding schedule.
12. Performs the pharmacy technician duties considered acceptable by the state pharmacy regulations under supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
13. Participates in the pharmacy on-call rotation.
14. Solid knowledge of, and compliance with, BioScrip policies and procedures.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable
Registered Pharmacy Technician required; Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred; High
School Diploma; At least 18 years of age; One year of experience directly related to the duties
and responsibilities specified strongly preferred. Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a
driving record which meets company’s standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required,
with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret pharmacy and clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, discounts, percentages, and volume. Ability to read and interpret compounding, inventory, and delivery documents.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
|Option 1: Create a New Profile|
Option 2: Login and Apply