||Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a growing team of Engineers, Technicians & Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
We currently have an opening for a full-time IT Help Desk Technician. The successful candidate will perform a variety of technical support duties to ensure the timely installation, modification, or repair of desktop and mobile information technology and provide end users with first level support covering a wide variety of questions on systems, software, hardware, peripherals, services, etc.
- Serve as primary contact point for computer uses questions/problems.
- Investigate assigned requests for services
- Research and develop solutions to issues and requests.
- Move existing and install new/upgraded end user equipment and software
- Troubleshooting and repairing desktop and mobile hardware and software.
- Assist users in effectively utilizing information technology.
- Assigns, tracks, follows up and closes help desk ticket numbers.
- Perform associated administrative/documentation tasks including tracking helpdesk requests.
- Assist with internal process improvement initiatives, and maintain up-to-date job knowledge.
- Routes more complex problems to supervisor according to established procedures.
- Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with clients, co-workers and others.
- Associates degree or 1-2 years' experience in a helpdesk environment.
- General knowledge of desktop and mobile hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of supported computer platforms.
- Certified Microsoft Desktop Support Technician, or ability to become certified.
- Previous helpdesk experience a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K/Profit Sharing
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (nine per year)