Strategic Account Manager
- Job Title
- Strategic Account Manager
- Job ID
- National (US), 46241
- Other Location
- National Role
BioStorage Technologies (BST) is the premier, global provider of comprehensive sample management solutions for the bioscience industry. We were founded in 2002 and are a privately held organization headquartered in Indianapolis, IN with an additional full-service site near Frankfurt, Germany. Our mission is to provide our clients with world class biorepository services exceeding clients’ expectations of service, value and quality while setting the industry standard for the storage, management and logistics of samples.
Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will primarily be responsible for the development and growth of the company’s most strategic customers. We will rely on your experience and entrepreneurial leadership style to lead all sales related facets of strategic alignment, relationship management, sales process and engagement, team and SME resourcing and BST alliance support. Your primary objective in this essential role will be to develop an integrated relationship model and sales approach that can allow BST to partner with targeted customers in a performance based solution delivery model. You will oversee alignment with key account business drivers and assure continuity between sales and delivery (solutions) teammates. The SAM Group represents BST’s highest potential growth accounts. As such, you will need to be an expert in all aspects of large account management and planning to achieve the growth objectives to support BST sales goals.
Additionally, you will be entrusted to advise senior management on developments within the marketplace, competitive intelligence, emerging trends impacting clients and innovation / strategy development as we bring new solutions to market. You will also be tightly integrated into the company’s Voice of Client (VOC) program.
- Alignment with customer business drivers and initiatives from a results perspective
- Comprehensive understanding of the customer from a strategy, financial performance, compelling event (news/developments of relevance to BST), relationship, and sample initiative standpoint
- Engagement and planning with BST colleagues on an overall customer engagement approach that leverages all assets of the company (or outside resources) seeking to align and contribute to a comprehensive solution approach
- Contribute to solution design and approach once customer need is defined (current, desired, and future state)
- Deal structure and management to support a strategic relationship. Particularly when non-traditional aspects or performance based approaches are used
- Sales of BST solutions to strategic, targeted accounts
- Build the brand of the company as a premier provider to SAM accounts
- Feedback and participation (with executive team) in building and refining the SAM program
- Manage the creation and follow up of sales proposals with the Sales Operations organization
- Review market analysis to determine customer/market needs and pricing
- Manage and maintain a customer lead database within SFDC
- Attend internal and external training in cases where it may benefit the team to have increased knowledge
- Provide regular written reports to the VP of Sales and Global Head of Marketing regarding activities as they relate to sales
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Life Sciences a plus; MBA preferred
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- 5-10 years consultative sales experience with history of selling to C or D level contacts within the pharmaceutical or emerging biopharma industry
- 5-10 years senior sales or management experience within the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry
- Proven sales track record with large account management program opportunities
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Deal management and negotiation expert for long term, strategic relationships
- Expert in managing complex, long term, global account relationships in team selling environments.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good understanding of life sciences community
- Solid understanding of International business
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.