|Job Title||Motorcycle Safety Program Manager|
|Description||Duties and Responsibilities: The Georgia Department of Driver Services, Regulatory Compliance Division, is seeking a qualified candidate for Manager for Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program (GMSP). This position is responsible Under limited supervision, provides direction for the Department of Driver Services (DDS) Motorcycle Safety program. Provides input to the implementation and monitoring of the DDS strategic plan and the Regulatory Compliance Division’s operational plan. Consults and coordinates all the program initiatives and support for the DDS Customer Service Centers (CSC’s), external business partners and other state and federal agencies. Manages the statewide activities by overseeing the program and objectives by participating in the policy development, operational analysis and implementing continuous process improvements to improve efficiency and customer service. The GMSP is self-funded and the incumbent must ensure proper planning and marketing of the program and monitor and control expenses to ensure a balanced plan. Supervises staff located in HQ and remote locations and is responsible for establishing an effective and rewarding workplace for all employees. The incumbent will be responsible for responding to the leadership team and staff inquiries in a professional and timely manner, in accordance with the core values of the Department of Driver Services. The incumbent will be expected to maintain a positive attitude and be receptive to change in a fast-paced environment.
· Participates and contributes to the DDS Motorcycle Safety program policy and procedures and is responsible to communicating the department goals in line with the DDS strategic plan, division operational plan, and departmental objectives. Must ensure aggressive but achievable goals are communicated, measured, monitored and adjusted and report key performance indicators.
· Conduct organizational and operational data analysis for the program including HQ and field operations. Must provide organizational support to the DDS CSC’s for training, equipment repair, consultation and implementation of any specific laws or rules as provided by division leadership.
· Oversees the daily activities of HQ administrative and the class registration program to ensure timely appointments, changes to appointments, payments and distribution of approved certificates. Must maintain a high quality customer resolution process for customers, internal and external business partners and provide guidance for interpretation of policy and procedure.
· Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and contacts (including but not limited to DDS CSC’s, other state agencies, legislators, consultants, national associations and the general public). Must foster a positive and effective working relationship by communication, timely updates and training and program support activities.
· Must manage all human resource and employee relations for the staff of the Motorcycle Safety program by recruiting and retaining employees and effectively managing rules and policies of the DDS and division. Creates a positive workplace for all employees.
· Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and strong team orientation and participation. Must communicate DDS, division and departmental goals and objectives. Meets with the staff to ensure alignment and to assist with any problem resolution and establishes direction and focus for the group.
· The program is self-funded and the incumbent must manage the overall budget for this program by ensuring effective marketing plans are in place, managing existing vendor relationships, overseeing expenses and maintaining a proper balance for expense control and customer service. Must establish and maintain effective and secure financial controls and report financial performance to division management.
· The incumbent will participate in special projects or be asked to take project leadership for programs and initiatives impacting the Motorcycle Safety program, division goals and the DDS strategic plan. Leadership in these special projects requires excellent communication skills and specific knowledge of the program and the broader goals of division and the DDS.
· Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of motorcycle safety by staying current on state and federal rules and guidelines, working with other agencies and legislators to influence and understand the implications of new law changes. Must provide updates to division management and internal and external customers when laws change or new information would be beneficial for our customer.
· Must interact with other levels of state personnel and stakeholders in a positive manner that encourages a strong partnership for the program, division and the DDS. Must provide accurate and timely information and be accountable for the program.
· The incumbent must have an excellent understanding of human resource policy and procedure.
· The incumbent must have excellent analytical skills and the ability to formulate plans based on analysis of department key indicators and as hoc reporting.
A pre-employment background check is required for the selected candidate.
|Required Skills||Undergraduate degree in business administration, public administration or related field of study from an accredited college or university and
Candidates should also possess:
Superior oral and written communication skills.
Excellent administrative skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Strong work ethic and a demonstrated record of dependability.
|Optional Skills||Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess all of the following:
MBA, MPA or related field
Five (5) years managing motorcycle training and safety awareness programs in affiliation with associations, training facilities, etc.
Certification as an MSF Rider Coach Trainer.
Experience working in a supervisory capacity leading groups as well as mentoring individuals.
Experience working with a rider education program.
Experience in a learning environment dealing with instructors and adult students.
Two (2) years direct experience in a business-to-business environment overseeing multiple customer service locations, managing vendor relations, marketing programs and prior experience in training and safety programs.