||Aveshka, Inc. is seeking a Linux System Administrator to support the Ft. Meade agency's R&D directorate. The System Admin will work with cloud solutions using the newest technologies in a classified environment.
- Develop, document, and manage security plans while working to harden and secure Linux hosts and services
- Install Linux servers using Cobbler or Kickstart
- Create spec files to produce RPMs (RedHat Package Manager) for installing custom software
- Establish LANs (Local Area Networks), which includes creating and configuring common services (including DNS, NTP, NFS, NAT, Squid, and Yum)
- Assemble and configure equipment racks that include RAIDs, switches (such as KVMs), and Linux hosts
- Configure network switches and switch operating systems such as Cisco iOS
- Design and implement VLANs on various switches for virtual network topologies
- Deploy FOSS (Free Open Source Software) such as tarballs, RPMs, JAR files, and Perl libraries
Aveshka is an employee owned professional services firm dedicated to supporting our clients in areas of national interests. We provide capabilities across Cybersecurity & IT, Innovative Analytic Solutions, and Policy, Planning and Preparedness. Our team fuses technology, consulting, and subject matter expertise to assist our clients in defining critical problems, developing creative and innovative approaches, and implementing tailored solutions.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- 100% paid benefits for our employees
- Extensive training programs
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Keywords: Linux, system administrator, linux adminstrator, system admin, ldap, redhat, cobbler, kickstart, redhat package manager, rpm, network switches, cisco, foss, rhct, rehat technician, rhel, benefits, vacation