Reimbursement SpecialistBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,300 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Reimbursement Specialist to join our team in Columbus, OH!
Maintains and processes medical insurance claims. Maintains established DSO and cash collection goals. Determines appropriate billing needs of patients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Verifies accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operates typing, adding, calculating, and billing machines.
- Prepares Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance claims and insures that they are processed and completed in a timely manner.
- Keeps records of invoices and support documents.
- Contacts customers in order to obtain or relay account information.
- Computes credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, and rates for goods and services in order to complete billing documents.
- Receives and answers inquiries from patients’ insurance company, patient, and other parties regarding charges.
- Completes resubmission claims when necessary.
- Performs collection calls with increased persistence for aging accounts.
- Notifies supervisor of problem accounts.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs clerical duties related to the position.
Education & Training:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two to four years related experience
Other (Required licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel etc.):
- Proficient at CPR+; proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative in project-related activities and act independently as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all employee levels and customers.
- Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality along with sensitivity to employees’ and customers’ needs and data.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must have scheduling flexibility and be able to work overtime.
Equal Opportunity Employer