Intake Coordinator - Lake Success
- Job Title
- Intake Coordinator - Lake Success
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Lake Success, NY
- Other Location
BioScrip is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! BioScrip’s focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,800 employees able to service 48 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Intake Coordinator to join our team in Lake Success, NY!
This position is responsible for processing all new patient referrals, managing current patient base and providing support to the Authorizations Supervisor. The main objective is to clear all patients prior to service in order to ensure proper payment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Initial communication with referral source, patients and sales representatives.
- Verifying eligibility and benefits.
- Obtaining initial authorizations and maintaining authorizations extension for all patients.
- Process all required paperwork according to established procedures.
- Answers telephone calls and emails in a professional and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and handle/finger.
- The employee is frequently required to reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
- The employee must be able to frequently push/pull 15lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 100lbs.
- The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 10lbs frequently and up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; Minimum of one year experience with medical insurance authorization in infusion services or other healthcare profession; Minimum of one year customer service required; Home infusion experience on the provider or payor side is required; Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required; Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of the computer and its capabilities.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to perform work in an organized fashion with focus on complete information and time related deadlines.
- Ability to complete multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to manage more than one priority project at a time.
- Ability to work as part of a team to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and at times work independently.
- Ability to accept direction and complete work according to instruction.
- Ability to enlist cooperation of other people and department in completing assigned work and projects.
- Ability to work under high levels of stress.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office, ACT, CPR+.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all employee levels and customers.
- Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality along with sensitivity to employee’s needs and data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, and payors.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.