||Resolve production system problems as directed by I&T management. Provide and ensure a secure control environment for all production applications libraries and data files. Participate in reviewing documentation from System and Programming and follows change control procedures. Maintain production libraries and when approved moves programs to the production status. May work independently or lead a team of Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts on assigned projects. May lead projects of significant size and complexity. May lead multiple smaller projects simultaneously. Implement manual and automated systems. Responsive to resolving problems when needed on any shift as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Three years experience in P&C Insurance or Financial Services is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of SOA-base application design using Webservices, XML/XSLT/XSD/Xpath, and REST/SOAP APIs, JDBC.
- Ability to perform analysis and design for software using industry standard modeling tools. OOA, OOD, Java Design Patterns and SOA Frameworks, UML, RUP, ER.
- Experienced with HTML/sHTML, CSS, Http/Https protocol, VB script, SQL query (SQL Server).
- Experience writing test cases.
- Working knowledge of application servers such as IIS and Tomcat desirable.
- Strong analytical thinking and deductive reasoning.
- Ability to recognize patterns to deduce system issue to formulate solution.
- Experience with a Change Management process and use of CVS to manage source code is preferred.
- Advance knowledge and experience with team programming (e.g. check-in, check-out).
- Experience deploying applications to various environments (e.g. local, Sandbox).
- Exposure to SCRUM agile software development methodology is a plus.
- Exposure to Jakarta Velocity and Adobe Designer.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan activities, work on multiple concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, aptitude to learn quickly.
- Highly motivated; experience in working independently with a high level of productivity.
- Proven team player, contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after hours support if needed.
- Ability to present information and communicate effectively, both orally and written, with clients, team members and management.
- College degree required