Senior Business Analyst(Internal Nextsource)
||3 Park Ave.
||Senior Business Analyst
3 Park Ave.
NYC, NY 10016
This Analyst will act as a liaison between the client area and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems that need to be solved. Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements. Work with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes. Prepare specifications for system changes. Recommend and initiate systems testing. Act as an internal consultant within technology and business groups by using quality tools and process definition / improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface Designs.
- Act as the liaison among stakeholders to encourage innovation for process improvements and system enhancements that result in increased automation, productivity, satisfaction and data consistency.
- Provide overall project oversight, track progress and remove hurdles in order to keep projects on track.
- Develops and executes test strategies, plans, scenarios, and tracks resolution to identified defects.
- Recommends promotion of software to production based on satisfactory test results.
- Defines and documents business and IT system processes. Models AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Analyzes business workflow and system needs for conversions and migrations; assists in data mapping.
- Defines and develops test plan documentation to support system validation and/or User Acceptance Testing.
- Conducts gap analysis and uses analytical skills to identify root cause and assist with problem management.
- Prepares high level user documentation and training materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Intermediate level of knowledge in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understand and translate business and systems goals and use cases
- Understand and capture business processes into standard documentation
- Analyze systems to define functional requirements, systems integration, and data requirements
- Coordinate and/or create testing strategy and development
- Coordinate training efforts for the transitioned systems
- Clearly understand the scope and objectives of each project and assist in keeping the project within the defined scope
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions
- Accurately maintain documentation on the team repository
- Excellent documentation skills / Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and document a work plan and estimate effort required to complete the work
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years experience in application development support with proven analytical experience
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures applicable to job-related subject areas
<>·•4+ years of vendor management experience
define functional requirements
6+ yrs exp in application development support w/ proven analytical exp.
Coordinate &/or create testing strategy and development
Coordinate training efforts
Clearly understand the scope and objectives of each project
Assist in keeping the project within the defined scope
Facilitate requirements gathering sessions
Accurately maintain documentation on the team repository
||4+ years of vendor management experience
to $90,000.00 Annually
||Option 1: Create a New Profile
Option 2: Login and Apply