|| Job Summary
- Provides hands on administration of Learning Tree International Wide and Local Area Networks (WANs/LANs), Remote Access/VPN systems, wireless networks, voice (VOIP) networks, and Internet systems. Ensures continuous, uninterrupted internal and external data communications.
- Provides Tier 2 & 3 technical support for network related hardware and software. Responsible for problem tracking, troubleshooting, and follow-up. Escalates problems to service providers as appropriate and coordinates external support and service requests to ensure proper resolution.
- Responsible for Learning Tree network perimeter security. Configures firewalls and other security hardware/software to protect Learning Tree systems and proprietary information. Maintains configurations that follow established Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) and best-practices in network security.
- Monitors network performance and manages bandwidth allocation for internal/external access, including Internet, LAN/WAN and voice networks where applicable.
- Becomes completely familiar with Learning Tree International WANs/LANs, voice (VOIP) networks, Remote Access/VPN systems, wireless networks, Internet systems and information security policies and procedures.
- Ensures continuous, smooth running, and responsiveness of all Learning Tree networks and network-related systems.
- Maintains up-to-date network documentation and diagrams.
- Maintains written standard operating procedures for operations, troubleshooting, tech support, maintenance and backup.
- Tests and maintains network-related contingency plans for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Through self-study and company training, upgrades proficiency in relevant network technologies. Maintains expertise in leading edge network systems and procedures with an eye to upgrading Learning Tree network capabilities and controlling costs. Prepares activity and progress reports for management. Prepares cost estimates for current and proposed equipment, systems and services
- Develops tests to determine new system performance and suitability for potential incorporation into existing network. Documents results of testing.
- Develops formal written recommendations to management regarding addition of new hardware/software to the LAN/WAN. Make recommendations relating to system enhancements, operational procedures, user training, etc.
- Configures and maintains firewalls for remote access and Internet access/hosting.
- Ensures responsive network support to Learning Tree staff and instructors.
- Maintains reference sources for technical problem solving.
- Recommends, provides and/or monitors network-related technical and self-improvement training for IS teams.
- Ensures close coordination and cooperation with all other departments. Assists other operating units with network related projects and troubleshooting. Serves as a network Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other departments/operating units.
- Coordinates vendor relations with Telco’s, ISP’s, equipment vendors and other network-related service providers. Evaluates prospective vendors’ products and services.
- Assists with inventory and asset management of software licenses, hardware and other IT supplies. Assist
- Assists with procurement of network related hardware, software and other IT supplies
- Performs special projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical curriculum or equivalent. At least 6 years relevant experience in a multi-site WAN environment with a minimum of 250 users. Applicant must have a very strong networking background.
Specialized training and experience in: Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), switched networks, voice (VOIP) networks, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), wireless technologies, internet access, BGP, remote access, and information security. Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco Routers, Cisco/HP/Dell/Nortel switches is required. Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus 1000 & 5000, Fiber Channel Switching (MDS/Nexus/Brocade) is a plus. CCNA Certification is required, CCNP preferred.
Applicant must be: a problem solver, highly organized, flexible, excellent listener, detail oriented and able to handle multiple, short-fuse tasks to successful completion. Must have excellent verbal, writing, team, and interpersonal skills. Able to think strategically and act tactically.
Working at Learning Tree
We offer an attractive benefits package that includes a PPO medical plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We have a match on the 401k plan, PTO, on-going training, education reimbursement and a business casual dress code. We are a great place to work!