Careers at Baptist Health
Northeast Florida’s Largest Healthcare Provider
Certified Medical Assistant/MA - PRN - Baptist Primary Care Kingsland, GA
- Job Title
- Certified Medical Assistant/MA - PRN - Baptist Primary Care Kingsland, GA
- Kingsland, GA
- Other Location
Certified Medical Assistant in Kingsland, GA
Under general supervision in an outpatient clinical setting, provides initial triage, registration, assists with direct patient care, and performs specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients; cardiologists, staff members, and all other internal and external customers/patients.
Experience in a Physician’s Office as a Medical Assistant Required
GED/High School Diploma
Medical Assistant Certification; ACLS and BLS certified; CPR certified; HIPAA and OSHA Compliant--Maintains active status of position and licenser/certification by continued education requirements as set forth corporate policies and procedures.
Maintains active status of position and licensure/certification by continued education requirements as set forth by corporate policies and procedures.
- Provides nursing assistance to multiple physicians
- Obtains vital signs
- Greets and chaperones patients during medical part of visit
- Maintains medical documentation (EHR experience preferred)
- Schedules care, treatment, diagnostic tests per physician
- Process prescription requests and referrals
- Performs clerical duties such as answering phones, obtaining, documenting and processing necessary information