- Expert in IBM Cognos Administration 10.x
- Hands-on implementation of standards, processes, and procedures related to application infrastructure setup, administration, security, clustering, upgrade management, monitoring, capacity planning, fail-over, and disaster recovery, etc.
- Collaborating with Application Development to research and evaluate new products used for building products.
- Review and improve application configurations.
- Ensure all environments are documented through data flow diagrams and configuration requirements.
- Design and validate Cognos frameworks as assigned, working with BI analysts and DBAs to ensure appropriate database views and/or tables are available to support the Framework information needs
- Provide performance tuning/optimization of the Framework in coordination with database layer tuning performed by the DBA and application team.
- Provide guidance on and adhere to best practices in Cognos Framework design and development as well as change management.
- Technical planning and implementing of tools/solutions to improve the application architecture in terms of performance, resiliency, availability, scalability and globalization needs.
- Provide second & third level support as required.
- Expertise with Cognos 10, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and powerplay.
- Deploy 3rd party and internal application upgrades, patches, and documentation.
- Cognos SDK, Working with Teradata data models - Nice to have