Cornerstone Environmental Group, LLC, is an engineering firm specializing in services to the solid waste industry, and environmental consulting to commercial, industrial, and municipal entities. Having been named to the Environmental Business Journal/CE News’ list of Top 20 Best Firms to Work For, we are focused on our mission to:
• Continue to be leaders in our fields of practice by providing the highest quality environmental, solid waste engineering, field service and construction management services from project conception to completion.
• Develop and maintain relationships for life with our clients by focusing on superior client service, responsiveness and cutting edge technical expertise.
• Develop relationships for life with our employees by providing a rewarding and challenging work environment that encourages innovation and a strong passion for their profession.
We are currently seeking Environmental Technicians in the St. Louis, MO area to operate and maintain landfill gas (LFG) recovery and migration control systems. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Acquire, test, and record data on the operation of the LFG collection system.
• Conduct LFG field tests using portable instrumentation.
• Monitor sample points.
• Adjust LFG flow rates from wells to minimize gas emissions from the field.
• Calibrate and maintain analytical test equipment.
• Schedule required calibration/maintenance.
• Maintain a gas collection field log.
• Assist facility supervisors in the analysis of field data.
• Coordinate with facility supervisors in repairing/modifying the LFG collection system.
• Maintain and operate various test/safety and construction equipment and tools
• Operate and perform maintenance on the LFG flare system.
• Respond to afterhours callouts in the event of system failures.
• Interface with regulatory agencies, inspectors and visitors as required or directed.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Utilize PC based landfill gas management and word processing software to prepare reports.
• Follow and apply all local, county, state, and federal regulations.
• Fulfill other responsibilities as required by supervisor.
• HS diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline a plus
• The following experience/training is required:
o Minimum 2 years experience in landfill gas collection system operations, monitoring and maintenance
o40-hour HAZWOPER training
o Current 8-hour Hazwoper refresher training
• The following experience/training is a plus:
o Experience operating heavy equipment such as excavators and loaders
o Trench and excavation safety training / certification
• Willingness to travel to project sites with possible overnight stays
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record that is acceptable to our insurance carrier
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid organizational and time management skills
• Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment
• Ability to organize work and take/give clear instructions
• Unwavering personal integrity
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
• Competitive hourly rate
• Medical benefits
• 401(k) with match
• Educational assistance and much more!
We pride ourselves in having a flexible and enjoyable working environment that promotes a healthy balance between work and personal life. As a small company, there are many opportunities for advancement and taking on new responsibilities. Because we have a healthy backlog of work and future contracts, each day offers new challenges and responsibilities. We see a bright future ahead in the solid waste management and biogas industries and you can be a part of our team…a part of the solution!
*Please note that Cornerstone’s recruiting and application processing is performed through Insperity; therefore, you will be contacted by an Insperity Recruiting Specialist IF and when you are being considered for any Cornerstone opening*
In accordance with our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Cornerstone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.