Job Opportunities Americas
Business Development Director
Job SummaryThe Business Development Director develops and executes a regional strategic marketing and business development plan with the purpose of contracting with new client relationships for acquisition, development or management assignments for the Company. Gathers information on potential markets, clients and projects fully utilizing Lend Lease contacts to maximize group sales. Provides input and oversees the development and preparation of proposal and interview materials.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Supervises all business development and marketing activities for the business, including advertising, website, proposal and presentation materials, prospecting activities and proposal development.
- Facilitates prospecting, prospect meetings and presentations, proposal development, and selection interviews.
- Continuously cultivates and maintains positive relationships with sources for lead generation and coordinates the office-wide cultivation of ally relationships.
- Assists in development and implementation of local and/or regional Public Relations strategy. Actively participates in target client industry trade associations and strategic community and industry activities for lead generation and visibility of the company.
- Assumes lead role for engagement definition, transaction structuring and contract negotiation and documentation.
- Utilizes prospect information/tracking system as well as corporate reports.
- Coordinates and leads regular sales meetings to maintain accountability; assists with coordination of Business Development activities; sets priorities and measure progress against plan.
- Knows and measures the capabilities and performance of the competitors in the market and coordinates with corporate research’s national-level effort.
- Understands and monitors current and anticipated market conditions.
- Possesses a strong customer focus with ability to quickly evaluate customer needs and Company’s ability to successfully and profitably meet those needs.
- Assists with developing an office and or region sales strategy; develops specific and measurable sales goals; identifies target clients.
- Motivates others towards sales goals; aids in keeping the team properly focused on potential client/project prospects that will meet the annual and long-range plans.
- Participates in Quality Planning sessions. Reviews regional business development plans and actual progress vs. projections.
- Participates in selective speaking engagements and conferences.
- Identifies market trends and opportunities and communicates them to senior management for review and consideration.
- Recommends company sponsored events, conferences or client/prospect functions.
- Annually reviews marketing collateral material, proposal and presentation material and website for relevance, effectiveness and best practices compared to competitors.
- Cooperates and coordinates with Corporate Affairs, utilizing their resources and services to support office marketing and sales efforts.
- Assists, cooperates and coordinates with other Lend Lease offices as needed to maximize group-wide sales. Respects the rights of the Account Holder in approaching clients who may already have contact with other Lend Lease professionals.
- Participates in the company's Total Quality Management program.
- If applicable, provides support in terms of strategy and liaison with clients to Focused Business Units; develops business within focused sectors.
||GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• 20+ years in construction, including strong track record of success in business development.
• Must hold strong relations with senior decision makers at potential clients within the Central Ohio region. An additional network within the Cincinnati area is a plus.
• Will need to possess the following skills...
1) Leadership - able to drive pursuits and the development of winning strategies.
2) Interpersonal - able to positively persuade people at all levels, both within and outside of the organization.
3) Communication – excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
4) Should also be highly organized, goal orientated, and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Four year Bachelor degree or advanced degree preferred.