between Tampa and Orlando ,
No relocation – Local candidates or someone with plans already in place to move to this area.
C and C++ programming/Informix. 4GL Programmer a MUST
EDI programming very helpful to get this position
All of the experience has to be fairly recent. Will not work if someone programmed/used them 10 years ago.
EDI programming is a key, as well.
MCLOD SOFTWARE. ICC or TEAM W
EDI IMPORTANT REQUIRED
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Corporate Staff
REPORTS TO: Manager Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time / Salaried / Exempt
The Sr. Programmer Analyst is required to perform functions that include drawing upon application and data processing experience in order to provide technical solutions to business problem; supporting systems operations by resolving problems and making enhancements; creating efficient, structured, and logical coding, testing and debugging of the system; preparing and leading informal training sessions and workshops for team members and users; serving as a technical information resource; and meeting with user management on an as needed basis to report the status of projects. Provides work direction, develops system specifications, and programs technical solutions for complex business problems in order to promote operational efficiency and facilitate management decision-making. This position assists in making formal presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in reports and oral presentations. This individual is available to his or her group to provide advice and counsel on technical matters as well as to promote and encourage participation and cooperation among the programmers, IT members, users and department managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must be available on an on-call basis for after hours support
• Maintain programs written by others and perform routine systems maintenance and housekeeping.
• Develop project requirements by interviewing the end-user and reviewing system specifications
requirements in order to maintain the integrity of the applications environment and databases.
• Design, upgrade, and test application systems and stand-alone programs to satisfy end-user requirements.
• Provide training and prepare applications documentation to ensure end-user effectiveness and efficiency.
Create and/or modify program documentation.
• Will develop test plans for assigned programs and use complex debugging techniques to test programs.
• Lead the research into application development or maintenance issues.
• Work with other members of the IT department or IT management to evaluate new software systems.
• Interface with software vendors for new technology.
• Install new software releases, versions, and fixes, as received from the Vendor and work with the end-users
to help them understand and use new features.
• Continuously enhance professional and technical knowledge, contribute to team effort, and promote enduser
confidence in order to provide quality end-user support.
• Analyze and support user requests (projects and problems).
• Support computer operations as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
» Participate in long and short range technology planning
» Help Desk support
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel
• Knowledge of general business terminology and principles
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills and conflict management skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to ‘master’ an assigned area and have the necessary skills to teach and document.
• Have a clear understanding of software capabilities.
• Ability to be a self-starter with excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and
nature of the information.
• Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using own judgment that is
consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
• Able to research and analyze various different types of information or data
• Able to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision
• Able to work well as a member of a cross-functional team
• Able to organize and prioritize work
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to maintain a great attention to detail
• Willingness to continue to grow and learn through continuing education programs
• Able to be both hands-on and strategic
• Project management experience
4 year degree from a four-year college or university in Information Technology or Associates Degree with 6
years relevant experience, or High School Diploma with 8 years of relevant experience.
Five years experience supporting multiple complex application systems.
Must have superior working knowledge and understanding of Unix operating systems, C programming
language, Informix Database, EDI transactions and processing, PC software and peripherals.
Experience programming the McLeod Software TMS system used in the Trucking industry.
Transportation and/or Warehousing experience a plus
This position will require approximately 10% travel
||Option 1: Create a New Profile
Option 2: Login and Apply