- Job Title
- Pharmacy Technician
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Lake Success, NY
- Other Location
WORKING TITLE: Technician II: Sterile Compounding
BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty infusion and home healthcare companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 3,300 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement and a 401(k) plan.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a well-qualified Pharmacy Technician to join our team in Lake Success, NY!
Responsible for sterile compounding under the supervision of a pharmacist, to include cleanroom maintenance, completing documentation, and drug compounding.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Understands USP Chapter 797, ASHP guidelines for cytotoxic drug compounding and company policies concerning sterile compounding.
- Enforces company policy on cleanroom protocol, testing, documentation, and remedial action.
- Checks labels, compounding documents, and prescription for content.
- Gathers and pre-checks compounding material prior to its entry into the cleanroom.
- Compounds sterile products.
- Checks final product for particulate matter and container integrity.
- Labels compounded products when state regulations permit.
- Checks ancillary supplies.
- Pick/packs supplies.
- Monitors cleaning and quality control logs for completeness.
- Assist in prioritization of the daily pharmacy compounding schedule.
- Performs the pharmacy technician duties considered acceptable by the state pharmacy regulations under supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Participates in the pharmacy on-call rotation.
- Solid knowledge of, and compliance with, BioScrip policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Pharmacy Technician required; Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred; High School Diploma; At least 18 years of age; One year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified strongly preferred. Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record which meets company’s standards.