|Job Title||Network Manager|
Career Evolutions is searching for an innovative Rock Star…
We’re looking for an experienced Network Manager. It is a full-time direct-hire position in Phoenix AZ with salary DOE plus bonus and an exceptional benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), as well as a generous holiday and paid time off (PTO).
This is a key position that may require frequent contact with Managers, Directors, CTO, and CIO. As such, you should be a dynamic leader with a track record of identifying and developing strong relationships and developing improvements, and directly contributing to successful internal and external partnerships for the team and the larger organization.
You will also contribute to key programs ensuring quality remains a core tenet of Network Operations and sustaining a quality-first culture across the organization.
· Provide server infrastructure and endpoint operations teams with network leadership and support for day-to-day operations and special projects.
· Diagnose and correlate complex network problems, identify root causes and develop automated remediation strategies.
· Interact with various network monitoring applications/appliances such as Solarwinds Orion, Cacti, Sensatronics & APC environmental monitors.
· Support at least two datacenter locations’ ongoing operations.
· Provide detailed analysis of the network environment, risks (equipment failure rate), defects and vulnerabilities. Apply this analysis to lead and drive measurable improvements across all layers of the network.
· Audit, maintain and drive enforcement of established quality practices across all network disciplines (core, engineering, operations).
· Creation sand documentation of various applications and support policies.
· Drive the development, monitoring, measurements and improvements around the quality of service provided by Network Engineering.
· Evaluate and determine the potential risk, defects, trends and vulnerabilities from rapid scale of the environment and ensure network agility without compromising quality.
· Drive a culture of continuous improvements and scale to operational processes and technology.
· Will often be required to work off hours to mitigate impact to end users and be in an on-call rotation shared with rest of team, available for emergency situations.
· Mentor and guide team members on technical issues as related to project management and applications development, testing and deployment.
Ideally, you should be an innovative thinker with hands-on network engineering experience at enterprise scale, and also have some different skills that cross over into other managers’ areas which could be leveraged, i.e., some data center experience, SLA’s.
You should have a passion for creating, sustaining, and improving emerging techniques to drive and sustain the highest quality network and is looking for an opportunity to support a fast-growing network at enterprise level.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related majors.
· 8+ years of hands-on network engineering experience with enterprise organizations.
· 6+ years of enterprise experience as a manager.
· Must have experience with a Cisco network environment.
· Must have some cloud experience; ideally have actually helped move companies to the cloud, built out a hybrid type environment, and dealt with hosting providers.
· Must have experience in a Microsoft Windows environment with experience in Linux environments a plus.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret incoming alert notifications.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· IP subnetting – familiar with binary, decimal, and hex formats
· Familiar with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, & EIGRP.
· Cisco Industry certifications are highly recommended.
· High level technical expertise combined with excellent planning, coordination and communications skills as well as the ability to effectively lead and work on teams.
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
· Ability to interpret complex technical information.