- Collaborate with, and support the Customer Experience team to execute both large and small-scale projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use HTML, CSS, and JS to develop new pages, templates, and site content to continuously improve the site experience.
- Execute day to day tasks and content updates to keep the site fresh.
- Assist in the building and launching of landing pages and site-wide promotions.
- Help the optimization team conduct on-site testing and conversion optimization through installing A/B and Multivariate tests.
- Assist with user research and data collection as needed (site heat maps, site metrics via Omniture, surveys, etc.)
- Help identify opportunities to improve the usability of customer interactions.
- Work with other visual designers, web developers, and programmers to achieve strong visual and technological solutions without sacrificing user experience.
As a candidate, you must be able to work well in multi-disciplinary groups including technical, business, design, operations and customer experience. You should be comfortable working in an environment that feels like a startup, but is also a mature, widely known leader in the eCommerce space.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of web design / front-end development experience.
- Strong HTML, CSS, and JS knowledge
- Visual design experience a must
- Experience in a fast-paced, retail eCommerce environment preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with standard design, documentation, and web analytics tools (Adobe, etc.)
- Keen sense of customer experience and customer needs
- Experience working on transactional Web sites or software applications is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Design clean, fresh and current user interfaces regardless of device (mobile/desktop/tablet/etc.).
- Develop organized, standards-compliant front-end code.
- Be knowledgeable and excited about the future of HTML5 and CSS3, and be able to write cross-browser-friendly code by hand.
- Know your way around project management, including juggling multiple parts of a project and keeping up to date with all the moving parts.
- Be able to speak the language of back-end engineers, internal business clients and our customers.
- Be proactive.
- Understand customer needs and work with team members to design device-agnostic online user experiences.