Provide Quality Assurance for the Company portfolio of applications assuring that a quality product is available to our clients and employees.
The ideal candidate for this senior level position is an individual that has the intellect, leadership, drive, and experience with quality assurance practices, test design, planning and documentation. This person is involved in all phases of strategic projects identifying, documenting, preparing, executing and implementing testing strategies for medium and large-scale applications. Additionally, this person leads select phases of testing and QA activities as well as mentors other members of the team.
- Lead the QA participation during requirements/design reviews and provide feedback on new/enhanced Software Business Requirements and High Level Designs
- Create and frame test scenarios/cases that emulate real-world business activities and operations in a controlled test environment
- Based on framed scenarios, write and manually execute detailed functional and regression test cases using documented functional and technical requirements; Additionally mentor other testers for their scripting and perform peer reviews of scripts
- Conduct manual testing, defect identification, defect and test execution reporting, and retesting of assigned enhancements and defect fixes
- Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the quality delivery of software applications
- Develop and create reusable test data, and employing test strategies so as to minimize test collisions and maximum test efficiency
- Conduct all types of testing (smoke, functional, disaster recovery, system/regression) to validate system performs as expected
- Validate web services requests/responses perform as expected
- Write and use SQL to validate expected data conditions and/or test results
- Compile status dashboards, metrics reports, risk and issue plans, etc. with regard to project and testing assignments.
- Define and implement process-based initiatives to improve test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Manage, drive, and onboard new applications and projects to the QA toolset standards
- Manage, track, and trend QA and SCM metrics and productivity reporting.
- Expert level knowledge in preparation, conditioning, and management of test data files for various back-end testing and bulk/data import jobs.
- Coordinate all Infrastructure maintenance (HW, OS, Security patches, etc.) and testing for Pre-Production environments
- Serve as QA Liaison for Disaster Recover testing exercises
- Provide on-call production support for application releases and hot fixes
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst (or equivalent IT role)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Software Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science area), or comparable equivalent work experience
- Previous experience leading a QA team
- Experience in testing of web based applications, back-end import applications, and software debugging
- Extensive knowledge and practice in SQL, building database queries, familiarity with database schema, and database concepts.
- Experience using multiple software development life cycle methodologies, developing large-scale applications
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with technical systems – e.g. programming, operating system, database, design, platforms, etc. Must be able to take input from various technical, product, and business sources and assimilate it into a comprehensive end-to-end test plan.
- Expert level knowledge in defect management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical evaluation skills
- Must possess a proven ability to complete detailed assignments accurately in a timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, as the successful candidate will interface with a wide range of personnel, and must possess the capacity to solve problems, resolve conflicts, and build relationships
- Must have demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication. Ability to lead and facilitate teleconferences and in-person meetings across stakeholders required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and balance priorities from multiple projects and release schedules.
- Ability to work some weekends and extended hours without conflicts.
- Ability to occasionally travel in support of testing assignments
- Passion for problem identification and resolution, and a desire to improve customer’s experience.
- Experience using TFS and/or CQ for defect/work item management
- Experience with web services testing (SoapUI)
- Experience using IBM/Rational Quality Manager and/or Functional Tester
- Programming and/or database knowledge (including XML, SQL, familiarity with database schema, and database concepts)
- Mortgage and/or mortgage default industry experience
- CSTE, ISTQB, or comparable testing certification