Work within the structure of the Performance team to ensure that products perform at the highest possible levels in regard to response times and system resource usage, including but not limited to server performance, database performance and network performance.
This position reports directly to the Performance Manager.
- Recording, modification and maintenance of scripts that are used to drive virtual users in HP’s load testing tools (LoadRunner).
- Execution of test scripts in order to simulate user load.
- Analyzing the test results to detect and identify bottlenecks and problem areas in Empower products.
- Design and implementation of test plans
- Presentation of results to Performance Manager and/or team leads so that performance issues can be resolved.
- Attendance at off-site performance tests. These tests are often done with a customer at hardware vendor laboratories and can sometimes span a few weeks at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or demonstrable experience in the described discipline.
- Good writing and reporting skills. The ability to present testing results in a clear, concise manner is crucial to personnel who will be analyzing them and implementing improvements based on their content.
- Ability to work as part of team. This position will require working closely with other members of the performance teams and with members of other teams.
- Willingness to travel. While travel will be limited, travel to test sites will occur from time to time and candidates should be willing to attend those tests.
- Experience with HP tools is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of ‘C’-like languages is a plus.