Bilingual Call Specialist/Receptionist, Part-TimeJOB SUMMARY:
Family Service Association
As the first point of contact with callers, visitors and outside agency representatives, the Call Specialist/Receptionist projects the agency’s welcoming client-centered philosophy and performs clerical and administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of one or more agency offices and/or programs.
Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Accepts criticism and feedback. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Answer a multi-line telephone and route incoming calls promptly; accurately relay, orally or in writing, all messages; place outgoing calls as requested; regularly check the voicemail and change outgoing greeting as necessary.
- Manage all incoming telephone calls by addressing questions of callers and connecting them to the correct department or directing them to the appropriate community resource.
- Answers questions about the agency and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
Education/Training and Experience
- Greet and welcome all visitors to the office, and follow guest registration procedures and accurately track all visitors that enter and exit the office/building; and monitor visit access and issue passes when required.
- Maintain a welcoming and safe waiting area for all visitors.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date database, as assigned, to track postage, visitor registration, copier totals and/or other required end-of-the-month reports and submit to the business office on time as required.
- Accept, date stamp, and route incoming mail; make timely distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, and logging any received checks on the daily control sheet with the date and signature; forward to appropriate contact in the business office.
- Manage client-related financial matters such as accepting and recording payments, issuing receipts, posting payments, recording client hours for billing purposes, and/or distributing information for billing to the business office. Complete and submit the required daily “Cash Custodian Report” to the business office.
- Manage client activities, as assigned, such as scheduling client appointments, documenting scheduled appointments, and registering clients for classes and activities.
- Organize and maintain filing system including attaching clinical appointments, documenting scheduled appointments, and registering clients for classes and activities.
- Maintain good relationships with stakeholders (including current and potential clients, community and co-workers), focusing on providing excellent and culturally sensitive customer service and presenting a positive image of the agency in all community and stakeholder interactions.
- Maintain a working environment which encourages mutual respect, promotes respectful and congenial relationships between employees and is free from all forms of harassment.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including presentations to community groups and organizations, in accordance with the agency's "team" philosophy.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- High school graduate with special training in general office tasks, or high school graduate with demonstrated competence in general office tasks attained through on-the-job training; 1-2 years experience in a customer service role preferred.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of agency and community resources and services.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish fluency) required.
- Certificate or license, as applicable, by the appropriate State agency as a qualified practitioner.
- State of Texas vehicle operator’s license and proof of liability insurance.