The Work In Me is a small, yet hard-working Executive Search Firm, based in Houston and specializing in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Risk Management, Audit, Global Supply Chain and Strategic Procurement. We are the experts at helping our candidates take their careers to the next transforming stage.
This person will oversee, perform and be a part of operational, financial and compliance audit projects. Responsibilities include:
- Providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff;
- Providing input to development of the annual audit plan;
- Assisting with all aspects of SOX testing (Financial, Entity-level, IT);
- Performing audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures;
- Conducting interviews, reviewing documents, observing processes, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and prepares working papers and files;
- Identifying, developing, and documenting audit issues and recommendations;
- Communicating or assisting in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations;
- Developing and maintaining productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships;
- Representing internal audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings;
- Adhering to all organizational and professional ethical standards;
- Assisting in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the annual audit plan; and,
- Performing related work as assigned by Senior Auditors, Manager, and the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration.
- An auditing certification, such as CIA, CISA, CFE and/or CPA.
- Minimum 5 years of Internal or External auditng experience
- Skills in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skills in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skills in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheets, and other business software.
- Skills in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, other staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.