The Work In Me is a small, yet hard-working Executive Search Firm, based in Houston and specializing in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Risk Management, Audit, Global Supply Chain and Strategic Procurement. We are the experts at helping our candidates take their careers to the next transforming stage.
One of our key clients is seeking a detailed oriented and enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Assistant Controller in our Houston office. The position will provide the candidate with an opportunity to be actively involved in all sector divisions, working with accounting staff and the operational groups including divisional managers, operational managers, sales staff, and procurement. This position will report directly to the US Controller.
This diverse position has many diverse duties to challenge the right candidate and will provide the individual with an exposure to a wide variety of opportunities and challenges, including, but not limited to the following:
Responsible for overseeing and directing assigned areas of general accounting for the divisions including: invoicing and timely collections, inventory accounting, including reviewing product costing, count reconciliations, inter and intra company product transfers, and communicating with operations personnel.
- Regular interaction with sales, operational, and warehouse personnel
- Oversee compliance with multiple state sales and use tax filings
- Direct and oversee timely preparation of accurate account reconciliations and analysis of account balances and preparation of monthly reporting package
- Ensure compliance with established corporate financial controls and procedures
- Provide assistance to the Corporate Controller, US Controller, and US Divisional managers with other projects.
The right candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of prior work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work and adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing and fast paced
- Prior work experience within the manufacturing, oil field services or oil and gas services would be highly advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Periodic travel to the Company’s US operations will be required
- Strong computer skills required and previous experience with ERP software would be beneficial.
- Post-secondary degree or designation in accounting.