This position is responsible for performing analysis, testing, reporting and troubleshooting various internally developed payroll software applications. Assisting software developers with testing and analysis to ensure payroll related federal, state and local tax calculations are accurate for various clients. MUST BE ABLE TO FIND GUIDELINES FOR PAYROLL REQUIREMENTS/TAXES AND TO CALCULATE PAYROLL MANUALLY.
- Communicate with clients and internal development teams providing support in diagnosing and resolving production issues, testing problems and client inquiries to issue resolution.
- Prepare documentation as needed.
- Participate in functional design reviews related to business requirements associated with legislative updates to assist developers
- Prepare and execute functional testing of software changes within ERP applications, including manual calculation of paychecks
- Work closely with software developers related to testing and troubleshooting client issues to ensure updates are free of tax calculation errors.
- Clearly and accurately report any bugs, including detailed reproduction steps
- Contribute to planning activities related to delivery of software updates (e.g., establishing testing timelines, etc.)
- Communicate effectively across various organizations within the corporation
- Contribute ideas that promote new and effective ways of doing business and promote team effectiveness
- Be committed to excellence and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience in user acceptance and regression testing
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot and perform complex pay calculations
- Knowledge of pay practices, compensation and benefit practices, and federal and state reporting/filing requirements.
- Must be results oriented, consistent high performer in meeting and exceeding goals
- Must have tolerance for ambiguity to effectively cope with change and multiple priorities within strict timeframes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with other groups within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree related to accounting, finance, business administration, human resources, information systems or equivalent related experience.
- 2-4 years of work experience in the payroll profession within a multi-state environment utilizing Payroll, Human Resources and Financial systems,
- Ability to work closely with software development teams to define, design, build and test tax & regulatory software updates for each supported product line.
- Ability to perform foundational payroll analyst functions, e.g. manual paycheck calculation at the federal, state and local level, interpretation of state withholding guidelines, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Significant payroll tax and regulatory knowledge.
- Ability to use the internet to research tax and regulatory information
- Experience with PeopleSoft, SAP, BSI, or mid-market HR/Payroll systems
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Understand functionality between SAP and BSI tax calculation engine
- Proven knowledge of SAP Wage types, Info Types and reporting
- Foreign Language skills (Spanish)