Under general direction, this position is responsible for developing and executing functional test cases to ensure that the delivered solution meets project requirements and handles data in a predictable, error-free fashion. Additionally this position will require an individual possessing good Business Analysis skills. From time to time they will be called upon to perform systems analysis tasks and develop requirements when necessary. The ideal candidate will possess both solid QA and BA skills.
- Develops and executes functional, regression and System Integration (end to end) test scenarios and test cases utilizing user stories contained within Agile Sprints and Business Process Flows.
- Able to analyze manual processes and translates into automated processes, identifying necessary triggers and dependent events
- Skilled in creating documentation related to mapping Legacy data to the Conversion database
- Intermediate to expert skillet in Structured Query Language (SQL) in support of analysis and design efforts
- Skilled in creating Requirements Documents, User Stories, and related test plans
- Testing integration points between internal and external systems
- Reviews project requirements to ensure requirements are testable
- Provides estimates on the amount of time needed to complete testing related tasks within a sprint
- Facilitates test case review sessions with other Agile team members
- Tracks test execution results within HP ALM/Quality Center
- Utilize HP ALM for tracking defects found during testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years in college
- Strong analytical skills to translate project requirements and Business Process Flows to appropriate test cases to ensure test coverage and traceability.
- Experience in testing large scale, multi-product system implementations
- Experience tracking and resolving issues encountered in testing
- Experience working as a part of an Agile development team.
- Software test experience in developing test strategies, test cases and creating scripts
- Testing experience in a large scale relational database environment and conversions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recent experience working with HP ALM/Quality Center for test management.
- Guidewire Claim Center Conversion experience, desired
- Data Migration/Conversion experience, required
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience, desired PREFERRED
- Property and Casualty Insurance testing experience strongly preferred. (candidates without P&C will be considered as 2nd tier candidates)